№55|Scars On The Heart

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Medusa laid in bed, running her fingers over Barron’s new scars. It’s become a guilty pleasure of her’s to stay up and study Barron’s battle scars.

She traced her fingers over the scar over his left peck. This particular scar was extremely enticing. Barron would tell her the stories of each and every one of his scars, but not that one.

Which made Medusa want to know even more.

She trailed her fingers along Barron’s left peck. The alpha, who was exhausted from the recent rescue mission, opened one of his eyes to gaze upon his mate. “What are you doing?” Barron chuckled, intertwining his fingers with hers.

“Looking at your scars.” Medusa replied, her fingers moving towards the new scars on his shoulder blade. “What happened here?” She asked, pointing to the scar.

“One of the guard’s bullets clipped me pretty bad.” Barron answered, yawning slightly. “Why are you still up?”

Her eyes difted back down towards the scar on his pec. She hummed softly. “What’s that one?”

“No, Medusa.” Barron answered rather quickly.

“Barron.” Medusa groaned, rolling to lay atop Barron’s chest. “Please… can you just tell me? I know all about the other ones.”

“No, Medusa.” Barron wrapped his arms around Medusa’s waist, flipping her over. “Let's sleep, my little researcher.”

“Oh no you don't!” Medusa flipped Barron over, laying back on top of him. “You’re not avoiding my question, Barron!”

“Medusa, just drop it.” Barron sighed, raking his fingers through his hair.

“Not till you tell me what happened.” Medusa stated, stradling herself against his waist. She sat up, her hands on her hips, glaring at the wolf beneath her.

“Medusa…” Barron draped his arm over his eyes. “I don't want to talk about it.”

“Barron. You promised me totally honestly.” Medusa frowned slightly. “Look, I’ve been honest with you, the least you can do is be honest with me too…”

Barron sat up, kissing the top of Medusa’s head. “The first time I shifted my parents told me I attacked Vanessa…” Barron hung his head low. “Vanessa was in the hospital for days after me attacking her. While I was in that state, all Vanessa could do was put this scar on me.” Barron pointed to the scar on his left pec. “Ever since then I promised to never lay a single hand on my pack members unless deemed necessary.”

Medusa smiled, softly kissed his lips. “You’re a kind and fair alpha, Barron.” She wrapped her arms around Barron’s neck, resting her head on his heart. “I know you carry that guilt of what you did to Vanessa…. But I’m here to help carry that load. Alright?”

Barron nodded, stroking her hair. “I’m sorry I kept that from you for so long.”

“Don't be. I’m happy I know now.” Medusa smiled, kissing his nose before drifting off to sleep.