№2|Welcome to the WhiteClad Pack

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Medusa couldn't believe it. She was finally funded! She flopped down on her bed, holding the check to her chest as she rolled around yelling, “I’m funded! I’m funded!”

Barron watched from the doorway with another girl beside him. She had kinky black hair styled in a loose afro and violet eyes, “so this is the scientist?” she chuckled, “not what I thought, but you do you, brother.”

Barron laughed, “she’s going to help us come into the world, Vanessa. Something about her is...special.”

“I can sense it too. I think the pack will love her.” Vanessa patted his back. 

Barron coughed on purpose, getting Medusa’s attention. “Ready to go, Medusa?”

“Yeah.” Medusa sighed in delight, looking up at the check she held high above her head. “Barron,” she turned towards him, “I can't thank you enough! You’ve given me the best thing a scientist can ask for!”

Barron ruffled her snakes. They seemed to be very fond of his touch. “I bet you had a whole list of other candiets, huh?” Medusa drummed her fingers on her hip. 

“No, I didn’t,” Barron shook his head, “meeting you was a happy accident. I knew you could be trusted because you took such good care of me when I was hurt.”

“It’s the normal thing to do.” Medusa shrugged. 

“Not in this day and age,” Vanessa twirled the wolf skull on her fingers, “these days, people are scared of werewolves. They think we're dangerous when really we aren’t!”

“I think you can help us come into the light, Medusa,” Barron lifted up her chin, “and that’s what makes you special.”

Medusa smiled, blushing slightly at his words. She felt a warm feeling in her stomach when the word ‘special’ escaped his lips. It was the first time someone called her special without it being mean or having the word ‘special looking’ after it.

“Medusa?” Barron snapped her out of her thoughts. 

“Yes, Barron?” Medusa blinked a few times. 

“You were staring at me. Are you okay?” Barron sounded sincerely concerned. 

“Yes, I’m fine,” Medusa smiled, “just shocked.., I never thought I’d be funded! All the investors hated my ideas.”

“Those investors were stupid. I read your research reports. They’re more accurate than anything I’ve ever read, but you need a more hands on experience.” Barron smiled, holding her hand as him, Medusa, and Vanessa walked down stairs, passing Jack in the hallway.

“You!” Jack stomped towards Barron, who held Medusa’s hand tighter, “where are you taking Medusa?”

Barron sighed, groaning softly, “it’s none of your business. Medusa will be gone for 2 years, maybe more, due to a research study she will be conducting.”

“No way, Medusa isn't going anywhere with your kind.” Jack pulled Medusa towards him. 

Vanessa sighed, sitting on Medusa’s suitcase, filing her nails, “try not to make this one bloody, Barron. The clean up crew is still trying to clean up your last scene.”