№60|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 4)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Ayame stood completely still, watching as her memories swarmed around her like a tornado. She crouched down, clenching the side of her head. Ayame quickly shook her head, enduring the tuants from her memories. “Shut up!” She hollered, their taunts continued. “I-I’m not like that any-anymore!”

“You’re always gonna be the weak little pup!” Her father’s voice echoed through the memory pool.

“Sh-Shut up!” Ayame roared, her eyes beaming a bright orange as the memories scattered away, finally being an end to the taunting.

Lawrence watched in shock, his mate –meer feet from him– sobbed harder as she bowed her head. Gripping the strands of the side of her hair. “Shut up… shut up… shut up…” She muttered, her tears staining her jeans. “I’ve changed… I-I’ve changed…” her voice getting unsure with every word she said.

“Ayame?” Lawrence whispered, inching closer towards the Indian wolf.

“Law-Lawrence…” She sniffled, her puffy eyes gazing into his soft brown eyes.

The British kneeled down beside her. “It’s alright…” he rested his hand on her forearm. “It’s just me and you… this is what the memory pool does to people, it shows them their worst memories till they crack under the pressure.” Lawrence lifted up her chin. “I know you’re stronger than this stupid pool.”

“You put too much faith in me…” Ayame muttered. “After all the shit I did to you, how could you trust me?”

“Ayame,” Lawrence cupped her cheek, “yes you’ve cheated on me twice, any normal person would’ve ran for the hills right now.”

“Then why haven’t you?” Ayame scoffed, turning away from the British wolf.

“Because I trust in you, Ayame.” He intertwined his fingers with her shaky digits. “I know that even though you’ve cheated on me, you always come back to me.”

“Cause I’m an idiot.” Ayame growled, clenching her fist.

“No, you’re not.” Lawrence replied, cupping her cheeks once more. “If you didn’t love me, you wouldn’t come back to me. If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t take you back.”

“Why did you even take me back?” Ayame pushed him away, tuning on her heels on him.

“Because I love-”

“Don't give me that shit!” Ayame snapped sneering at the wolf. “I want an exact reason why you’re with someone like me!”

“You want a reason?” Lawrence asked, his eyes never leaving Ayame’s.

“Yeah, I do!” Ayame replied with a growl.

“You really want a reason?!” Lawrence asked once more.

“I told you, yes I do!” Ayame stomped her foot on the floor.

“Because you and I have been through everything together!” Lawrence advanced towards the Indian wolf. “Thick, thin, hot, cold, day, night, easy, and hard – we’ve done it all, Ayame!”