№21|International Phone Calls

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“You’re telling me that thing,” Medusa pointed to the rampaging wolf in the box, “is Kirkland?”

“Yes.” Dr. Lycia nodded.

“No!” Barron shook his head violently. “That’s impossible. He hobbled off into the woods months ago! There’s no way!”

“Alpha, with all due respect, did you ever see Kirkland die?”

“No-”

“Then how do you know this isn’t Kirkland?” Dr. Lycia gave him a questionable look.

“Fine…” Barron raked his fingers through his hair, glaring at Kirkland. “I thought I was done with your ass, but you just had to come back for more, didn’t you?”

Kirkland barked at him. Barron slammed his fist on the box. ”Don't fucking bark at me, you little bitch! Do you know how many wolves have been infected because of you?! 4,500! 4,500 wolves have been infected and have had to be isolated for months from their mates, children, friends, family... all because of you!”

“I should’ve killed you when I had the chance!” Barron snarled, Kirkland snarled back, Barron punched the box, “let me in there Dr. Lycia! I’m ending this once and for all!”

Medusa rested her arm on Barron, “Barron, if you go in there you’ll get infected too.”

Knowing he couldn’t handle being isolated from Medusa and his friends, he backed off. He glared at Kirkland, “I’ll finish you off, Kirkland, you’re not hurting my pack again!”

◥✥◤

Later that day, Barron leaned back in his desk chair, “he started the virus… he attacked the pack… he brought witches to the pack… is that damn wolf determined to end my pack?!” he slammed his hands on his desk.

“One would think.” Medusa muttered, walking over to Barron. “Maybe we should tell the other alphas, maybe we can learn something from Patient Zero over here.”

“You want me to hold a summit? For that virus spreader?” Barron hissed, gritting his teeth.

“No, I want us to host a summit to provide information - and hopefully a vaccine - about the Fury Wolves.” Medusa hugged him from behind, rested her chin on his shoulder.

“I don't know Medusa, the last time we held a summit it didn’t end pretty…” Barron mutteredi, Medusa tilted her head.

“What was it about?” she questioned.

“A debate on a very stupid issues my brother brought up.” Barron sighed, shaking his head, “the issue divided the wolves and we haven’t spoken sense.”

“Well then wouldn’t now be the perfect time to unite them once again?” Medusa said, Barron nodded.

“Why are you always right?” he sighed, picking up his phone to begin dialing numbers.

“Because I always am.” she kissed his cheek, “I’ll be downstairs helping Dr. Lycia with her test on Kirkland.”