№63|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 7)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Kirkland.”

Piper’s smoothe voice knocked him out of his deep stare at his worst memories.

“Wh-What wrong?” Kirkland asked, wiping his eyes.

“You’re torturing yourself.” Piper turned his head towards her. “If you keep staring at them you’ll go insane.”

“I have to… I caused this… I was the first one who got the virus. I should be the one in here, not you and the rest of the pack.” His fist clenched, his nails digging into his palm. “This is my punishment, only mine.”

“Kirkland, we’re mates now. Your problems are my problems. This is as much as your tourtutre as it is mine.” Piper took his hands in hers. “You know what it’s gonna show… right?”

“Yeah…” Kirkland inhaled sharply as the night of their failed mating began to play. “We shouldn’t have to relive this. You shouldn’t have to relive this.”

“I know.” She kissed his hand. “But I’m right here. This time, we’re doing this together.”

“Together…” Kirkland nodded, focusing on the horrid memory.

“Please! Don't go, Kirkland!” Piper pleaded, wrapping her arms around the wolf as he began rushing back to his clothes. “You can’t do this to me! If I did something wrong tell me! I can fix it.”

“You didn’t do anything wrong Pipey…” Kirkland turned towards her, a soft – yet sad – smile forming on his lips. “This isn’t because of you…”

“Then why are you leaving?!” Piper’s sobs hardened, burying her face into his back. “Just let us mate then you can leave,” she gripped his cheeks, pulling him down at a soft kiss, “don't leave me… please…”

“Pipey… I love you.” Kirkland whispered. “I must go… promise, you’ll wait for me?”

“No waiting.” Piper stated, pushing him against the door. “No leaving.” She roughly kissed along her neck. “You can’t leave me.”

“Pipey!” Kirkland gripped her shoulders, pushing her away. “I have to go.”

Piper shook her head, her tears streaming down her cheeks. “You’re mine… don't forget that…”

“I won't, baby.” Kirkland kissed her lips one last time, tasting her delicious strawberry and vanilla taste. “Don't you forget that you're mine.”

“I’ll never be anyone else Kirkland… but please… just an hour… let it be just an hour. Just one more hour I can be with you.” Piper pleaded, pulling him towards the bed.

Kirkland sighed, nodded as she took her lips in his once more. “One more hour.”

Piper smiled, falling back onto the bed as Kirkland towered over her, her hands resting on his cheek. “Thank you.” she whispered.

“Anything for you…” Kirkland kissed her nose. “If this is our last night together for a while, I want you to remember this forever.”