№31|No New Friends, Just New Lovers

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Salvador, Kalypso, Alfonzo, and Camila sat in the mess hall, watching with a careful eye as they got their first look at the dragons.

“Maybe we should go talk to them? Ya know, introduce ourselves.” Kalypso suggested, eliciting a growl out of Salvador.

“No way.” He said rather defensively.

“Why not?” Kalypso asked.

“Yeah, Sal, why not?” Camila smirked slyly at her son.

“U-Um… because…” his cheeks flushed as his eyes locked with hers, “it’s dangerous that’s why…”

“Is that the only reason?” Alfonzo chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Sh-Shut up!” Salvador looked away from the beautiful witch. “Go talk… see if I care.”

Kalypso furrowed her eyes at him, huffing as she walked off towards the dragons. Camila sighed deeply, shaking her head at her son. “You’re so stupid.”

“How am I stupid? She’s the one who wanted to talk to them in the first place.” Salvador shrugged.

“Son,” Alfonzo rolled his eyes, “she wanted you to give her a reason to stay.”

“Why didn’t she just say that?” Salvador questioned.

“Because women don’t say what they feel sometimes. We shouldn’t have to say it. You men should already know what we mean.” Camila scoffed, huffing as she turned away from her son.

“What?” Salvador was beyond confused. “I don’t get it.”

Camila groaned, pointing her finger judgingly at her son. “Kalypso knows you don’t understand so she’s gonna make you understand. Just like how I had to make your father understand.”

“What are you talking about?” Salvador was even more confused.

“You’ll see.” Camila folded her arms over her chest. “Trust me… you’ll understand.”

Simmering with anger at Salvador, Kalypso slipped off her necklace and placed it in her pocket as she walked over the dragons with a smile on her face.

“Hi,” her voice came out smooth like velvet, “I’m here to welcome you to the pack.”

“Wow, they really do know how to set up a welcome party,” one of the dragons kissed her hand, “I’m Rufus Valgoria. Who might this beautiful witch be?”

Rufus possessed deep, slanted dark green eyes, delicate facial features, and a mildly prominent nose. Rufus was a slim young man of average height with very long, straight blond hair that reached down below his back. It gathered near the end, tied in a small ponytail by a large, dark band. Framing his face are two bangs, which reach down to his shoulders and then mingled backwards with the rest of his hair.

“Kalypso,” she smirked slyly at Salvador, “Kalypso Payne.”

With that, Salvador crushed the glass he was drinking. Camila chuckled. “And here we go~”