№43|Costume Time!

№43|Costume Time!
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Julius couldn’t contain his laughter as the wolves entered Dewei’s house. “You idiots!” He snorted. “I was gonna tell you before you left, but why spoil my fun!”

Barron rolled his eyes. “Can you not be such an ass for once?”

“I could… but then again, I like being an ass. It suits me.” Julius rocked back and forth on the porch swing, sipping his drink. “Oh!” He pulled out a red envelope. “This came while you were out.”

He tossed the envelope to Barron. “It’s from the King~” he cooed, smirking at Dewei as he watched the dragon’s anger begin to bubble.

Barron opened the letter and began to read. “Dear Barron and friends, I hope you enjoyed the food! I bet it had some interesting effects.” Barron scrunched up the letter in his hands as he continued reading, “I heard you’re lodging with the former King of the Dragon Islands.”

Dewei growled, his eyes flashing a bright blue as Barron continued. “I’m glad you’re here I’m sure your parents are too. So to celebrate you being here, I’m inviting you to our annual Dragon Season Costume Party tomorrow night! Just as a little ‘welcome to the island’ party.”

Vanessa snatched the letter out of her brother’s hands. “Why would he invite us to a costume party?”

“Who cares. It’ll give us a chance to get an inside look of the palace and find our parents.” Barron stated, walking inside with the rest of the wolves. “First thing tomorrow, we find some costumes.” A sly smirked framed Barron’s lips. “We’re gonna crash a party.”

◥✥◤

The next night, everyone was getting ready for the costume party. Barron glared at his brother. “What are you supposed to be?”

“A devil.” Julius winked, adjusting the devil mask over his face.

“Oh, how fitting. You’re both so evil.” Barron chuckled, rolling his eyes.

“What are you supposed to be?” Julius scoffed.

“I’m a knight.” Barron stood up broadly, whipping his cape at Julius. He looked around for Medusa. “Ooh, Medusa!” He called out. “Where’s my fair maiden?”

“Yeah, change of plans.” Medusa walked out of her room wearing a lab coat and steampunk goggles. “I’m a mad scientist! MAHAH!!” Medusa cackled as lightning flashed behind her. “Thanks, Rufus.” She whispered, giving Rufus a thumbs up.

“Awe,” Barron cooed, pulling her in by her waist, “you’re so adorable.”

“I wasn’t trying to be!” Medusa pouted, folding her arms over her chest.

“I thought you were gonna be a princess? You know… knight… fair maiden.” Barron chuckled, kissing her nose.

“Princesses have been done to death.” Medusa rolled her eyes. “It’s fitting that I’m a scientist.”

“That it is.” Barron kissed her hand. “I’ll still protect you, my fair scientist.”

Medusa giggled and lifted him off the floor. ”Good.”