№45|Symbols

№45|Symbols
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Chelia sat at the vanity desk in her room, gazing into the mirror. Jumping slightly when she felt Montego’s arms wrap around her, “you’re beautiful,” Montego purred, kissing along her neck, “elegant, regal, strong, independent… everything I ever wanted in a mate.”

“How’d you know I needed that?” Chelia chuckled, leaning into his kisses.

“You looked down at the party and I thought this might cheer you up,” Montego replied, his lips peppering her skin with kisses. “Did something happen?”

“I saw him…” Chelia muttered but Montego heard her.

“Who?” His tone grew serious, removing his lips from her neck to face Chelia.

“You know who.” Chelia stood up from her desk, crossing the room over to the edge of the bed, “Callihan…”

A yellow hue of anger swam in Montego’s hazel eyes, “what did he say?”

“That fairies like me, ones betray their kind, should have their wings torn off and burned in front of them…” Chelia’s voice began to break, “that happened to my mother… when she married my father, a fleshie, her wings were torn clean off and she was forced to watch as they burned them in front of her very own eyes.”

Montego quickly embraced his mate with a hug, “he won’t touch you,” he stroked the fairy’s hair, watching as her wings glistened in the moonlight, “I swear he won't touch you.”

“My mom warned me of the consequences of dating a wolf…” Chelia muttered into Montego’s shoulder. “She warned me that if I choose you… everyone beside mother and father would shun me… if we had children, they’d never be welcomed into the Fairy Realm… and I would be labeled as a skank, a whore…”

“Hey!” Montego gripped her shoulder, gazing deep into Chelia’s eyes. “Nobody here is gonna call you that, and if they do, tell me.”

“Why?”

“So I can rip them to shreds!” Montego growled slightly. “Nobody insults my mate like that. They shouldn’t be bashing you over someone you love.” He sighed, stroking her cheek, “my mother told me when I was little that love is love… no matter the race, gender, whatever! Love is love and Callihan or those fairies have no right to bash you about it.”

“You’re too optimistic, Montego.” Chelia shook her head.

“You’re optimistic too,” Montego lifted up her chin, “don't you worry, Chelia, I promise you Callihan will pay for what he did.”

“Montego,” Chelia kissed his cheek, pulling him down on the bed, “thank you… for everything.” 

“There’s no need for thanks,” Montego pulled her in close, “I’d do anything for you.”

Chelia smiled, raking her soft fingers through his hair, “I’d do anything for you too.”

◥✥◤

Medusa shifted in her bed, the symbols from the sidewalk flashing inside her mind. Sweat dripped down her face as she heaved heavily. Inside her mind, everywhere she looked was black. As her bare feet lightly stepped on the water that coated the floor, ripples appeared under her feet, glowing a bright emerald green.