№46|The Price Of Knowledge

◆ ━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Later that day, the pack stood outside the castle. Barron crunched up his fist, turning towards his group of wolves. “He’s gonna offer us a lot, and there will be times when we want to kill him, but we can’t,” he grit his teeth, “no matter how much we hate him.”

“However,” Medusa rested her hand on Barron’s, “we’re here to get Barron’s parents back… nothing else.”

“How could Julius trade your parents like that?” Kirkland asked. “I hated Declan years ago, but I wasn’t gonna sell him!”

“Julius is worse than you were.” Vanessa sighed, shaking her head. “Which is sad, because you were a bitch.”

“Thanks, Vanessa.” Kirkland grumbled slightly.

Vanessa chuckled, ruffling his hair. “Come on. You know I’m messing with you.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Kirkland laughed as the group entered the palace to see Julius and Irvam there to greet them.

“Friends!” Julius cheered, clasping his hands together. “I hope you brought your appetites, cause we got food!”

“Last time I drank something you gave me, I got a bomb in my stomach,” Medusa scoffed, walking past them, “that’s not happening again.”

“Awe, come on Medusa,” Irvam chuckled. “The cooks went through all this trouble to cook the food. The least you can do is eat it.”

“And get poisoned?” Medusa rolled her eyes. “No thank you.” She slipped past Irvam as the group walked towards the table in the castle garden.

The group took their seats, watching as the servers placed out food on the table. Barron eyed a piece of strawberry cake and slowly reached for it. Medusa slapped his hand. “Stop that. Who knows what they put in it?”

“I’m assuming eggs, milk, strawberries, flour, and baking soda.” Malakai listed, earning a glare from Medusa.

“Not what I meant!” She scolded, slapping Malakai upside the head. “They might have poisoned it or something.” She whispered to the group.

“They didn’t,” Chelia shook her head, “fairies are known for spotting poison, and there isn’t any in the food.”

Barron looked up at Medusa before quickly looking back at the cake. She sighed, nodding her head, giving him permission to eat the cake. At the first bite, Barron quickly spit it out. “You sure it isn’t poisoned?” He gagged, spitting the food into a napkin. “It tastes horrible.”

Chelia slid the plate towards her, her eyes glowing a dim baby blue as she scanned the piece of cake. “There isn’t any poison...” she noted, biting into the cake. She quickly spit it out. “Just really bad cake.”

“You really need to hire new cooks, Dewei.” Lawrence commented, chuckling slightly.

“I didn’t hire these cooks. Irvam must have replaced the whole staff when he took over the castle.” Dewei grumbled, scrunching up his fist.

“You didn’t really expect Irvam to keep the retarded staff you hired, did you?” Julius smirked, approaching the table. He stood beside a chair, glaring at one of the staff members. “Ahem,” he gestured towards the chair. The staff member rolled his eyes and pulled out the chair. “Thank you.” Julius smiled as he sat down.