№4|Hunting

№4|Hunting
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Alpha please calm down!” Alistair pleaded as him, Vanessa, Ayame, and Lawrence watched the white wolf destroy his office. 

“Must… destroy…” Barron dug his paws into the carpet floor, shaking his head with a pillow in his mouth. Fluff flew the seam reared open with a sickening rip.

“We know you're mad, but destroying your office isn't the way to do it!” Ayame said, trying to come closer, but he snapped at her, his red eyes fuming with anger.

 “I’m… gonna kill… that wolf!” Barron jumped on the couch, tearing apart the cushions.

Medusa walked past, feeling drawn to the room. She paused, not wanting to interrupt, and stood behind the doorway. She pulled out a video recorder and began filming. “What got him so angry?”

“I am gonna… rip him to shreds!” Barron scratched the walls, ramming into them. 

“Alpha! Stop it! You’re hurting yourself!” Vanessa scolded. 

“I want… him dead!” Barron roared. Medusa yelped, her eyes widening as she covered her mouth.

Barron stopped, sniffing the air as he stalked outside to Medusa. “Medusa… scared…” Barron softly muttered. Medusa scooted away from him, “don't be… afraid…”

His eyes turned from red to a calm cobalt blue, he licked Medusa’s face, causing her to laugh. 

“Wolfie! Stop it!” Medusa laughed harder as Barron continued licking her face. He smiled when her tears faded away.

“Medusa… happy?”

“Yes, Wolfie. I’m happy.” Medusa petted him as he rested his head on her lap. He purred at her touch.

“Nice…”

“What got you so angry you destroyed your office?” Medusa questioned, scratching behind his ear. Barron transformed back into his human form. His shirt was removed, allowing Medusa to see the scar on his left peck. What happened there?

“It’s just stress, Medusa, nothing for you to worry about.” Barron helped her off the ground. “Hey,” Barron noticed the glint of fear in her eyes. “Don't be scared of me. The last thing I want is my pack to be scared of their Alpha.”

“I’m not a wolf, and I’m not part of your pack.” Medusa muttered. 

“I know you're not, but I still don't want you to be afraid of me.” Barron held her hands, “how about-”

“Medusa!” Kirkland appeared in the doorway and leaned against the frame. “Some of my buddies and I were gonna go hunting? Wanna come?”

“Sure,” Medusa answered. She looked back at Barron and sighed quietly, “um...see you later I guess.”

As Medusa walked away, Barron felt his anger bubbling. “Let’s go…”

“Where?” Montego gulped, afraid of the answer.

“Hunting.”