№58|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 2)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Vanessa gasped loudly, shooting up to see she was slowly falling down a tunnel of her own memories. Red mist surrounded each memory while white mist surrounded those of Malakai’s.

She looked around, frantically trying to find her baker. “Malakai?” Vanessa asked, swimming through the anti gravity space. “Malakai, where’d you go?”

Suddenly, a pair of strong – yet soft – arms wrapped around Vanessa. “Did you think a little water would separate us?” Malakai chuckled, kissing her cheek.

“You know how Irvam is… he’ll do anything to destroy us.” Vanessa sighed, leaning into her mate’s touch.

“Trust me, Vanessa. We’re not going to fall to some dragon.” Malakai assured her.

“Malakai, look around. He has us trapped in our own memories.” The beta’s eyes sulked. “He’s already won…”

“Where’s this coming from?” Malakai asked, lifting her chin. “You’re never this pessimistic.”

“Malakai, look at what’s happened! He has my parents, Medusa’s research, trapped us in here…” Vanessa listed, glaring at the baker. “He’s. Won.”

“Bullshit.” Malakai cursed.

Vanessa stepped back, scanning Malakai suspiciously. “Excuse me?”

“I said, bullshit.” Malakai repeated, stepping closer towards the wolf. “Where’s the wolf who told me to never give up? To fight for what you believe in? Where’s that wolf?”

“Malakai, I’m still here, it’s just-”

“Just what? You don't have faith in yourself, your pack, or your mate?” Malakai questioned.

“Malakai-”

Malakai gripped her shoulder, gazing deep into her black eyes. “I don't know what’s gotten into you, but this is not my Vanessa.”

“Well, what is? Cause… I don't even know anymore.” Vanessa muttered, looking away from the warlock.

“You’re the amazing beta that I fell head over heels in love with when you walked through the doors. You’re the amazing wolf, who I didn’t even know was a wolf for half our relationship, that I’ve ever met.” Malakai placed a kiss on her lips. “That’s what you are, Vanessa. Amazing.”

Tears trickled down the wolf’s cheek, pulling Malakai in closer, her head resting on his chest. Vanessa gripped the back of his shirt, sobbing harder. “I-I… I lo-love you!”

“I love you too, Vanessa.” Malakai smiled, nuzzling his face into her curly hair.

Vanessa looked up from his chest to see a memory hurtling towards them. She inhaled sharply. “Oh no…” She muttered, shame filling her being.

“What’s wrong?” Malakai asked, holding onto her hand.

“This is from when we first started dating.” Vanessa replied, gazing into the memory.