№61|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 5)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Alistair rested his hands on his knees, heaving as he tried to catch his breath. He looked up to see Yvette getting farther and farther away from him. “Yvette… slow down!” He rasped.

The moment the two arrived in the Memory Pool, Yvette panicked at the sight of her memories.

The omega frantically scanned around for some sort of escape, yet none was found. She glanced behind her, her eyes widening at the sight of her most haunting memories.

She sank to her knees, clenching her eyes closed. “Why… why…” she whimpered, holding her knees close to her chest.

Slowing down once he approached the omega, Alistair crouched down in front of her. “There there…” he soothered, stroking her hair. “I love you and all, Yvette, but gosh damn do you run fast!”

“Was I going fast?” Yvette sniffled, looking up at her fiancé. “I didn’t really think I was running that fast.”

Alistair laughed, sitting beside her. “What did you see?”

“Ev-Everything…” She muttered her reply. She groaned, shaking her head. “Gods… my gods… you must think I’m a weak idiot.”

“How dare you think I think something like that about my fiancé?” Alistair fake gasped. “Do you think I’m that shallow?”

Yvette snorted in laughter. “No… no I don't.” She rested her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. “It’s just… the memories I saw were from when I still lived with my birth -parents. They were married. They fought… all the time.”

“And you think we’ll end up like that?” Alistair questioned, earning a nod from her. “Well, we won't,” Alistair promised, kissing the top of her head, “if it was one thing the WhiteClad pack taught me, it was how to respect the people I love. Especially the woman who’s about to be my wife.”

Yvette smiled, wrapping her arms around him. “I’m such a scaredy cat… how could you want me as a wife?”

“Because you're beautiful, smart, courageous in your own way.” He lifted her hand, watching as the ring sparkled. Placing his lips on the ring, he gave it a small kiss. “You’re everything I’ve ever wanted.”

“I promise.” She muttered from his chest. “I promise I’ll try and be the best wife, Alistair.”

“You don't have to promise me anything, Yvette, I already know you will.” Alistair smiled, stroking her cheek. “I know we can face whatever this pool throws at us. Okay?

She nodded, hugging him tighter. “Okay…”

“Good.” He inhaled sharply as a memory began to form. “Oh shit…”

“What’s wrong?” Yvette asked, peering into the memory. “Awee, you and Ayame were so cute when you were little.”

“Yeah… we were cute.” Alistair tensed at the memory. “The world we lived in wasn’t as cute as we were, though…”

The grappling hook hitched onto Ayame's window seal, and Alistair climbed up the side of the building to reach his sister’s window. Heaving slightly, he knocked on the window.