№7|Tell Me The Truth, Vanessa!

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

The next morning, Chelia was woken up to the sight of her tawny golden wolf balancing a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes on his snout.

Chelia laughed loudly, falling back on the bed. “Oh… oh my gods! Montego!” she laughed hard.

Montego placed the plate on the nightstand, morphing back into his human form, “I was trying to be cute…” Montego pouted.

“I know, I know,” Chelia pulled him down onto the bed, “you smell like you just hunted.”

“I just came back from hunting,” Montego smiled widely, “you won't believe how big this deer was, babe!”

“Someone seems happy,” Chelia chuckled, resting her head on his chest, “you always look happy after you hunt, but today… something’s different.”

Chelia gazed into his deep brown eyes. “Oh my gods… don't tell me.” Chelia gave him a deadpanned look. 

“Nope, no, Montego.”

“Come on Chelia,” he pulled her back down when she tried to walk away, “don't you wanna celebrate my victory?”

“Cocky, much,” Chelia chuckled, letting Montego pin her to the bed.

Montego stared into her beautiful black eyes, “I love you, Chelia.”

Chelia blushed, smiling softly, “I know,” Chelia smirked, matching the wolf’s cockyness.

“I assume I’m not going anywhere for a while?” Chelia said, Montego kissed her neck.

“I think you already know that answer, my love.” Montego smirked.

◥✥◤

Vanessa looked at her reflection in the hallway mirror. Tonight was her 6 month anniversary date with Malakai.

“Going to see that human again?” Kirkland asked, coming into the reflection.

Vanessa turned around, “Yes. Is that a problem? Don't try to pull rank, Kirkland. We’re the same, actually. Some may think I’m a little bit higher than you since I’m Head Beta.”

“I wasn’t going to. I just think a wolf who dates a human shouldn’t be a wolf at all.” Kirkland scoffed, “Vanessa if your that desprete for sex, you know my room.”

Vanessa laughed mockingly. “Please, as if I would ever have sex with you. I’ll have you know me and Malakai have wonderful sex.”

“Sex with a human,” Kirkland grimaced, “how dare you sink so low.”

“How many times do I have to tell you,” Vanessa growled at him, “talk about my mate and you’ll have to speak to me.”

“Mate?” Kirkland rolled his eyes, “does he even know about your werewolf side?”

Vanessa’s silence gave him his answer.

“So he doesn't?” Kirkland smirked, “interesting… you’re gonna help me.”

“Help you?” Vanessa glared at him in disgust, “I will never help you, not after what you did to Yvette.”