№12|The Full Moon Festival (Part 1)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Medusa crouched down in front of Barron’s desk, eye level with the necklace. “Okay, necklace.” she glared at the fine jewelry. “I know you have a power source,” she shot up from her crouching position. “We just need to find it!” She brought out a hammer, a sick smile on her face.

Meanwhile, Barron was passing by his office when he noticed Medusa slamming the necklace with a hammer. “Why… won't… you… break!?!”

Barron quickly rushed in, placing his hand on Medusa’s to stop the hammer. “Woah woah woah! I thought you liked the necklace!”

“I do, it’s beautiful,” Medusa took off her goggles and smiled at Barron before looking back at the necklace with a hard glare, “but what is its power source?!”

“Batt-”

“Don't you dare say batteries because there’s no slot to put them in, there’s no charging port, and it doesn't glow in the dark! The only time it glows is when I’m wearing it, and I already ruled out heat. So what is the damn power source?!”

“Medusa,” Barron chuckled, putting down the hammer, “this is a special necklace,” he placed it back on her neck, smiling when it glowed, “it’s power source is something different.”

He stroked her necklace. “It only glows for certain people. Stop worrying about how it glows and enjoy the beauty,” he smirked, “its beauty will never compare to that of the person wearing it.”

Medusa blushed, her heart skipping a beat at the Alpha’s words. “Thank you… for the necklace…”

“You don't need to thank me. I’d do anything for you,” he kissed her forehead, “now come on, we have to get to prayer.”

“Prayer?” Medusa questioned as her and Barron walked out onto the courtyard to see that it was decortated with beautiful moonflowers. Tiny little string lights that hung along the trees lit up the night as the red moon shone brightly down on the compound.

Medusa noticed the mats that surrounded the fountain on the Moon Goddess that was in the middle of the courtyard. “What’s this all for?”

“I told you. Prayer.” Barron said, sitting down on the mats. He patted the mat, motioning Medusa to sit beside him. “Come on. You’ll enjoy it.”

Medusa pulled out her notebook. “Wolves apparently pray to the Moon Goddess.” She looked up at Barron. “Why?”

“Because the Moon Goddess blessed us with the regular moon as well as mating season. She also is the reason why wolves have mates.” Barron laid down on the mat, smiling at all the stars in the sky. “My mom used to tell me that all the stars in the sky represent the people here on earth, but the brightest ones are wolves. She said that the Moon Goddess puts stars next to each other when they’re mates.”

Medusa laid down next to him. “Where’s your star?”

Barron pointed to the golden star. “That’s mine.”

“How do you know?” Medusa questioned.

“Wolves always know which star is theirs,” Barron tapped her nose, “it’s a little difficult for fleshies to find their stars since there’s so many of them.”