№52|You're Mine. I'm Yours

№52|You’re Mine. I’m Yours
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Medusa fumbled to stand as Lillian and Medusa landed in front of a beautiful stone tablet with the symbols from Medusa’s notebooks on it. “It’s the symbols…” Medusa whispered, tracing her fingers over the tablet.

“Medusa,” Lillian placed her hand on Medusa’s, “as you know, you hold the Eyes of Prophecy.”

“Yeah, I know.” Medusa nodded, following Lillian through the small garden that surrounded the stone tablet. “I assume you had the eyes too?”

“Yes, and before me was a woman named Treyrna.” Lillian replied, sitting Medusa down in the middle of the garden. “Along with the power of our eyes comes something more. Medusa, have you ever heard of The Vanguard?”

“Um… no…” Medusa lied, Lillian chuckled.

“Don't lie to me. You know what it is, don’t you?” Lillian asked again.

“Yeah, they were women who were granted powers to protect certain races or beings that were in need of protecting.” Medusa explained, she looked up at the stone tablet. “No…” 

“Medusa, I know it can be a lot to take in but the Gods and Goddesses have placed you in the duty of being the Wolves Vanguard, as I was for the mermaids. Here, let me show you something,” Lillian walked Medusa over to the stone tablet, placing Medusa’s hand on the ⳧ symbol, watching as it glowed a bright green.

A sudden flow of power rushed through Medusa's body as memories flooded back into her mind. One being from when she was a little infant.

Medusa's mother, Olga, rocked the small infant to sleep. Graham smiled, Medusa’s tiny fingers were wrapped around Graham’s large index finger. “Hello, Medusa.” Olga whispered, tickling her baby’s stomach, prompting a laugh out of the infant.

Graham studied his daughter’s clouded eyes. “She’ll never be able to see us…” he frowned, his eyes saddening.

“She’ll eventually see you,” Lillian said, entering the tent, “she needs her snakes to grow in and then she’ll be able to see you. For now, she’ll need to have one of you close by so she can feel you.”

“When will her snakes grow in?” Olga questioned, thunder clapped outside the tent, spooking the baby. “Shh, shh… mama’s here.” Olga attempted to soothe the baby but the thunder outside told the baby otherwise.

“She’s scared not only because of the thunder but at the fact she can’t feel you.” Lillian approached Olga, moving Medusa closer to Olga’s chest. Medusa placed her small hands on Olga’s chest. Soon, the crying stopped.

“Her snakes should grow in by her first, maybe second, birthday.” Lillian replied, stroking Medusa’s soft skin.

“So she might be blind for 2 years?” Graham nervously held his breath.

“She’s gonna be blind her entire life, but with the snakes she’ll be able to see, just not the way normal people do.” Lillian explained.

“I don't care, I’m so glad the gods and goddesses finally blessed us with a child!” Olga kissed Medusa’s forehead. “I don’t care if you're blind, deaf, or have 4 heads. I'm gonna love you so much, Medusa.”