№29|Boom

№29|Boom
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Your brother. Julius WhiteClad.”

The words rang through his ear like an annoying school bell. His brother, the man that terrorized the pack for more than a year, was back within his walls.

No.

He wouldn’t let the pack spiral back down into a depression like they did years ago.

He gazed deep into Medusa clouded eyes. Anger bubbled from within as his thoughts tainted with horrible images of what Julius might do to his mate.

“We need to end this. NOW.” Wolfie ordered.

Without any further argument, Barron rose from his seat and marched towards Julius’ room, his anger filling the aura that trailed behind him. Stopping at Julius’ door, Barron didn’t have the time to knock. Instead he broke it down.

Standing there like a ragged bull ready to attack, Barron marched over to Julius, pinning him to the wall. “First you have the nerve to waltz your sorry ass into MY compound. Then, you have the audacity to poison my mate?! You’re lucky I don’t rip your little fucking head off!”

“Long time no see brother.” Julius croaked, Barron’s grip around his throat tightening.

“Why the hell are you here?” Barron snarled, his eyes flashing a cobalt blue.

“Is that any way… to talk to… your alpha?” Julius smirked. Barron dropped him to the floor.

“What are you talking about?” Barron questioned.

Julius pulled out a scroll from his back pocket, tossing it to his younger brother. “Read it and weep.”

Barron unrolled the scroll. “We, the werewolf council, hereby declare Julius WhiteClad to be the new…” his eyes bugged out of his head as he read the last word, “ALPHA?!”

“Yes,” Julius got up off the ground, smirking at Barron, “I could have you killed for your little stunt, but since I’m a nice big brother, I’ll let it go just this once. Now leave,” he flicked Barron’s forehead, “Beta.”

◥✥◤

“Barron, just calm down.” Montego tried to reason with the former Alpha as he paced back and forth in his wolf form in his quarters.

“Calm down?! You want me to calm down?! Do you remember what he did to us? Do you remember what happened to Chelia?” Barron reminded him.

Montego scrunched up his fist, his eyes shifting towards the sleeping fairy that rested her head on his shoulder. “Of course I do! She still has scars on her wings because of that monster, but we can’t overreact.”

“I didn’t overreact! I-if anything, I’m under reacting – yeah! I'm under reacting! I could’ve killed him the moment I laid eyes on him! I could have ripped his whole body into pieces, but did I? Nooo! I was calm!” Barron exclaimed, his pacing continuing.

“You threw him against the wall. That totally screams calm.” Kirkland rolled his eyes, placing an icepack against his head.