№51|The Camp Part 3: Cake Walk

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“You… you did this,” she pointed to her snakes, “to me?”

“Not technically me,” Lillian replied, sipping a cup of tea as she sat on the edge of the bed, “this must be your version of the side effect.”

“My version?” Medusa questioned, removing the sheets and waking the wolf beside her.

“Where are you going?” Barron muttered groggily, rubbing his eyes. “It’s 1am, Medusa, go back to sleep.”

“Not now, Barron, I’m talking with someone.” Medusa pushed him away.

Barron looked around the room to see only him and Medusa. “My love, nobody’s here,” he kissed along her shoulder, “the stress is making you see things.”

“Why can’t he see you, Lillian?” Medusa asked, turning towards Lillian.

“Only people who’ve been bequeathed can see others like them.” Lillian explained, smiling at the couple. “He really loves you… he’s just worried, like mine was.”

“You were mated to a wolf?” Medusa was slightly shocked.

“No,” Lillian shook her head, “I was married to a merman. His name was Ricardo, a wonderful man… he was worried about me too when I first saw my bequeather.”

“Medusa, who are you talking to?” Barron yawned, looking around to see nobody there.

“Lillian.” Medusa replied, pushing Barron to the other side of the bed.

“Medusa, you need to see something.” Lillian extended her hand for Medusa to hold. “Come with me.”

Medusa turned back to Barron to see worry filling the Alpha’s eyes. “Don't worry, I’ll be back soon.” Medusa smiled, stroking his cheek as she accepted Lillian’s hand.

“Medusa, wait-” before Barron could grab hold, Medusa and Lillian disappeared in a puff of pink smoke.

◥✥◤

Vanessa watched as Malakai angrily threw magic at a tree. “How dare he come back! He should be dead! 6 feet underground!” Malakai growled, his foot coating in fire as he kicked the tree. “He should be in hell!!”

Not being able to watch anymore as her mate took his rage out on the poor tree, Vanessa wrapped his arms around Malakai, pulling him in close. “Please… stop…” Vanessa whimpered, resting her head on his back. “I feel it, my love, your pain… it hurt me too.”

Malakai placed his hand on top of hers. “I’m sorry, normally I’m not like this…” 

“I understand… it’s because of Balio. I know he hurt you, but he won't hurt you this time.” Vanessa assured him, pulling him down to the soft grass. “Do you remember the first time we met?”

“How could I forget…” Malakai kissed her nose, thinking back to that wonderful day.

The bell on the doorway of Cake Walk dinged, signaling someone was coming in.