№59|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 3)

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Montego…” the fairy’s voice rang through the Greek wolf’s head as he shot up eyes open. He glanced around to see him and Chelia were in a tunnel of their own memories surrounded by a thin orange and light blue fog. Due to the anti-gravity of the space, the two were floating. Obviously, this was no problem for Chelia because she was used to being off the ground all the time. Montego however…

“Look! I’m like those astronauts in space!” Montego cheered, floating around the tunnel.

Chelia chuckled, shaking her head. “You’re father is so silly at times.” She rested her hand on her stomach. I hope you’ll be like that too, little one.

Montego floated back down towards Chelia, gripping her shoulders slightly so he could land properly. “Baby, do you ever regret not being able to go back?”

Chelia bit her lip softly. “I don't.” She replied with full honesty. “What I regret is not being able to show the child it’s homeland.”

“I’m sure we can find some fairy clan that accepts wolves-” Montego began, soon getting cut off.

“That’s the thing! None of them do accept wolves!” Chelia broke free of his grasp. “Our child is gonna grow up not knowing another single fairy other than it’s mother! Do you know what that’s like?!”

“No… I don't…” Montego whimpered.

“Exactly! And we don't even know if it’ll be a fairy... it might be a wolf, and, honestly, I hope it is one.” Chelia muttered, looking down at her feet.

“Why? Don't you want our child to be like you?” Montego questioned, slowly wrapping his fingers around hers.

“No!” Chelia exclaimed. “If our child is born a fairy they’ll be labeled as… as…” tears began to stream down her soft cheeks, “they’ll be labeled as a disgrace, a waste of sperm, an abomination! A freak!”

“Chelia…” Montego muttered in shock.

“I can’t have that for our child!” She rested her hand on her stomach. “It has to be a wolf! It can't be a fairy. I-It just can’t!”

Montego wrapped his strong arms around her, pulling her in close to his chest. Stroking her hair, he could feel the fairy sob into his pec. “It can’t be a fairy… please… please gods and goddesses let it be a wolf…” she pleaded through her sobs.

“I want it to be a fairy.” Montego stated, lifting up Chelia’s head.

“You do?” She sniffled, wiping her tears.

“Yes!” Montego cupped her cheeks. “If that baby is born a fairy, we’d be the first couple in history to birth a fairy wolf! Do you understand how huge that is?” Montego lips curved into a wide smile.

“Yeah… I guess that’s pretty huge.” Chelia agreed, nodding at the wolf.

“You think?” Montego chuckled, scoffing slightly. “Chelia, you’re performing the miracle of birth! No matter when it ends up being, I’ll love it till the end of time.” He kissed the top of her forehead. “I’ll love you till the end of time.”