Chapter Thirty

A/N: Can anyone see the picture that I posted? Can you see any of the pictures I've posted in the later chapters?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A moment of silence passed.

My heart thundered in my chest, and I was about to rip my hand away from William's when suddenly the whole Winters family laughed.

Daniel and William just about doubled over in laughter, and the twins were giggling mischievously to themselves.

"What are you laughing at if I may ask? I don't see how this is a laughing matter."

"It's funny because even after all these years of my dearest older brother dodging your daughter's attacks you still believe that he will propose matrimony to her! What's even more saddening is that she even has a date set! What are you going to do, Piper? Make a cardboard cutout of William and forge his signature at the wedding ceremony? How pathetic can you be?"

Piper gasped and her eyes filled with tears. "No! He would-"

"How dare you talk to my daughter like that, you insolent little witch!!"

"Me, an insolent little witch?!? Maybe you should rethink who's the real witch here! And besides, who are you to talk to me that way!? You are in our home."

"Yes, and you've already-"

"Enough!"

The crowd hushed and Mr. Rossi and Charlotte with them. I clutched William's arm, scared of the look on Daniel's face. I've never seen this look of pure hatred on anyone and on Daniel it looked beyond terrifying.

"I will not have this kind of talk in my house. You, Rossi, despite our past will be respectful to my guests and my children. Charlotte, don't mess with anything you can't fix. It's not polite."

"Then she and her parents better not say anything to me this whole night if they are to stay since they already invited themselves in." With that, Charlotte and Charles turned and walked through the crowd, disappearing soon after.

Turning back to Mr. Rossi, Daniel said, "I will not apologize for my daughter's behavior since she is not in the wrong and said nothing but the truth. Now...if you excuse me, I have somewhere more important to be."

Daniel left, and now it was just William and I with the Rossi family.

"Um...so...William? Want to dance?"

With a quick nod, William grabbed my hand and twirled us away.

~

"Daddy..."

Brian Rossi looked at his daughter and smiled. "I know, pumpkin pie. We'll do something about that girl."

"I thought you said that we were to be married, Daddy?"

"No, Piper, I said that the negotiations were in the making, but I can see now that that won't happen with that girl in the way."

Piper hmphed and crossed her arms. "What happened with Claire, anyways? I thought she wanted my fiancé too."

"I heard that the senator has her in a rehabilitation center in Detroit. Last I heard, she was going to be in there for a few more weeks until she can get back on her feet without needing any help."

"Poor Claire...but she should have known not to mess with what's mine. That girl, that Anna, will regret playing with one of my toys."

~