Chapter Six

I am so not ready for this! I can't... I can't do this! This is... I can't! I'll be messing with the poor guy's heart! I'll be... I'll be changing fate! Oh my, I'll be changing fate. I will be changing fate! CHANGING FATE! Oh, I can't believe I'm doing this! I mean, I have to provide for my family since there's no one else to do it anymore. I have to do it now and I hate it! I have to do the dirty work since he walked out! That bastard... still can't believe he--- 

"Having second thoughts, Miss Williams? Well, let me assure you that it is much too late for that." 

I opened my eyes quickly to see Mr. Daniel Winters staring back at me apprehensively. I rapidly looked him up and down, and I must say... this guy has style. He was wearing a dark gray Armani suit with a powder blue tie and white collared shirt. His black loafers were shining and the Armani suit fit his buff shoulders perfectly.

I heard Mr. Winters sigh and say, "Miss Williams, I hired you to make my son fall in love with you, and you possibly in return, but not to fall in love with me. So, please Miss Williams, do stop staring at me like that."

What he just said registered in my mind and I turned my gaze hard and looked up at his eyes. Oh gosh, I know you're hot Mr. Winters, but you're like... twenty years my senior! I don't twirl that way!

"Mr. Winters, please, don't ever say that! I mean... you're like a Greek God, like Zeus, but I just... I don't... I mean... Um...Uh!" Shut up! Abort! Your damn blabbermouth is going to get us in trouble! *

Mr. Winters lifted his eyebrow in amusement and leaned on the doorframe, watching me stutter out my words. Jeez, if I'm like this with him, then what will I be like if his son is twice as hot as his father?

"You're just... you don't...you mean... what?" Mr. Winters mocked, bitting on his bottom lip to keep from smiling. Immediately I glared at him for mocking me. How dare he do that? I am nothing but a peasant compared to him! He knows that I don't know any rich people which equals that I don't know any Greek Gods like him! If this man is so annoyingly cocky and arrogant, I wonder what his son will be like?

"I mean that you're more than twenty years my senior and you're flirting with me! I'm sorry, but I don't like you that way!" I exclaimed, watching as Mr. Winters attempts to stop showing how much he wants to laugh. He fails though, and suddenly my tiny apartment is filled with his loud, boisterous laughter.

"Oh, Miss Williams, you will be the best daughter-in-law that I have ever known," Mr. Winters said laughingly, but after a while, he straightened up, and continued, "Now, Miss Williams, I believe it is time to go. Shall we?"

With that, he took a step out of my apartment and offered me his arm. I glanced back at Ginny who had stayed behind with a few of Candy's other cronies to help clean up. She nodded and smiled, giving me two thumbs up. I looked back at Mr. Winters who was waiting patiently and took deep breaths before closing my eyes and wrapping my arm around his.

"Relax, Miss Williams, I won't bite... but maybe William will."

I glanced sharply at him and he winked at me. Oh... haha. He was teasing me.

Mr. Winters smiled at me and we walked out of my apartment.

~

They were barely in the limo five minutes before Anna started to quietly hyperventilate. I don't think I could do this! I'm a barely-out-of-school actress. I don't have enough experience to do this!

"Mr - Mr. Winters, I don't - I don't think I can do this!" She gasped out, trying to take calming breaths, reaching for one of the little water bottles in the installed water cooler.