Chapter 46

~ One Week and Five Days Later ~

Two Days Till the Wedding

I can't do this. I can't marry him.

I sat in my living at my apartment, finally away from Winter Manor. I've been here for the past two days because they were tired of me hovering over every one of the workers in preparation for the wedding.

But my hovering kept me focused. Kept me preoccupied. So that I won't have doubts about the wedding, like I'm having now.

I couldn't marry Will. I couldn't betray him like that.

When I signed the contract, I never thought that I would actually fall in love with William Winters. This facade has taken over my life and heart, and over William's too.

He believes that we meet by chance, destiny. But what he doesn't know is that his father orchestrated everything,and I just helped by playing the tune.

I've been playing a tune that's spun a web so deep into our hearts, that it'll be impossible to get our without hurting anyone. Without hurting Will.

I love him.

But I have to leave.

I can not wait until the Rossi's and the De Monte's launch their plan to tell Will my secret. I have to tell him first, and then I'll leave. Or...maybe I'll just leave. I can't handle anyone else telling Will my secret, but I also can't imagine how he'll react. It will be terrible- that much I know.

I rock back and forth on my couch, eyes on the television as a segment of William and I is briefly recounted, a countdown in the corner to how many days, hours, minutes left till the wedding.

I wipe my hands under my eyes, swiping away the wet trails leaving. I take in a rackety, deep breath before lifting my hand and pressing a button on the remote, leaving the television black.

Oh, God. What was I doing? Why am I doing this?

For a few measly bills?

Five million dollars every year for every year I am married to him. Two million every year after –if- I choose to divorce him.

I’d be settled for life, but at what cost?
Is all that money worth doing all that I am doing to Will?

I slap my hands on to my face, feeling a small lingering pain. I groan and feel my heart ache, feeling all the pain Will will feel when I tell him that I’ve betrayed him, lied to him, deceived him. And for what? Money. Lots and lots of money.

Stupid.

I need to leave.

I’m going to pack my bags, drive over to William’s apartment, tell him the truth, then leave. Leave forever. He’ll never see or hear from me again. I’ll find my way somehow.

With determination running through my veins, I stand up from the couch and hurry to the mini closet in the hallway. Rolling out all my luggage cases, I throw them onto my bag and begin packing.

About an hour and a half in, all of my luggage cases are filled up. They litter all around my hallway and bedroom door, shoved out because I couldn’t walk around my room with them in there.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rings.

I gasp and stand straight up from where I was lying on the floor, deciding which shoes I needed right now and others I could leave behind for the moment.

I look around my room, panicked. If anyone walked in here at this precise moment, they would know what I was planning. My closet is almost bare, only a few dresses, jeans, and shirts left behind. My desk is cleared, everything shoved into boxes. All my pictures taped to my walls taken down.

I pant and pat down my clothes and hair, hoping I don’t look as raggedy as I feel. I take a deep breath and step outside my room, closing my door behind me.

The doorbell rings again, then twice more. Whoever it is was getting impatient.

I shook my head and opened the door. I looked up at my visitor and felt a chill down my spine.

Daniel.

I shook it off and leaned on my door, trying to play it cool, saying, “Uh, Daniel. What are you doing here?”

Daniel narrowed his eyes at my shaky tone and looked me up and down, “I’m just visiting…Why? Are you busy?”

Alarm bells are ringing in my head. Did he see right through me? Did he read my mind and is that why he’s here right now? Oh god, calm down. If you panic any further, he’ll be able to see your freaking nervousness. Calm the fuck down.

I shook my head and smiled at him, “Nope. Not at all. You sent me back home so I could rest before the…the wedding, and-and that’s what I’m doing. Mhm.”

Daniel let out a sigh before looking at something behind my head. A cold look passed over his face before looking back at me, glaring.

“Going somewhere?”

I slowly turned back around and looked, wondering what could he have possibly seen.

Oh shit.

I left the luggage out.

~

Author's Note:

Alright. Time to make due with my promise. Shorter chapters, but will be updated more often. Thus, I will be updating quiet frequently, so expect that.  😊

And remember...the end of this book is near. Of the book, but not the story. There will be a sequel.

Please vote and comment if you liked the story and the chapter. Thanks.

- V

Ps. Please tell me of any grammar or punctuation errors. Thank you :)

©RavenMoon06 ©2016 ©Vivianne Saldana