Chapter 44

One Day Later:

Charlotte and I were finally home, fully recovered.

I was wrapped up in William's soft blankets in his room, burrowing my own little nest under them. Since arriving at the house late last night, the temperature never seemed to stop dropping.

Despite the Winter Manor being one of the greatest houses in the state, it was also really old, thus their heating systems were not so great.

The only ways to get warm in the damn Manor were to light up the fireplaces in every single one of the rooms, clothe yourself in like three layers of clothing, and burrow under five blankets. Which was exactly what I was doing at that moment.

I was alone though. William was out getting food for me. Charlotte was sleeping, and I can only assume so was Charles. Daniel was in his office.

I huffed and sat up, cocooned in the warmth of five, fluffy blankets.

I was bored. Extremely bored.

Let's go see what Daniel was up to.

~

Trudging slowly in my cocoon, I finally reached Daniel's office. I didn't even bother knocking and barged in. Daniel looked up swiftly from the game of chess he was playing and raised an eyebrow, "What is this? Has the snuggle monster finally come to stuff me into bed?"

I crinched up my nose and replied, "Gross."

I threw myself into one of his leather chairs and put my feet up under me. After looking at the game board he was playing on, I said, "Are you seriously playing chess against yourself?"

Daniel smirked and replied, "Yes, I am. Why? Would you care to substitute yourself in instead?"

I shook my head, "No, I played once. I was undeniably bored."

Daniel scoffed and murmured, "Then your idea and my idea of entertainment must be 'undeniably' different."

I gasped, my eyes wide, "This is your idea of entertainment?"

Daniel's eyebrow raised again, taking in my scandalized voice. "Yes? And? What is your idea of entertainment then? Please, enlighten me."

I smiled wickedly beneath my blankets and stood up. "Please, follow me, Mr. Winters."

Daniel sighed and stood up as well. "Now, now, don't think of anything too physical or adventurous; you're still recovering from your...last adventure."

I blushed angrily and furrowed my eyebrows. "Har, har."

Daniel laughed behind me as I shuffled out of his office, leading him to the theater room.

I turned on the Apple TV and went to the movie section. Staring, I asked, "You guys are rich, right? So you guys wouldn't mind spending $15 to buy a movie?"

Daniel laughed out loud and nodded, "Yes, my dear, we're rich. Buy as many movies as you want; I doubt it would be able to make a dent in our bank account."

I smirked and browsed through the genres. "Daniel...close your eyes. I want the movie I pick to be a surprise."

Daniel groaned and laid his head back, eyes closing. "I am already frightened of the movie you decide to entertain me with."

I whacked his arm, shouting, "Hey! I'm not going to choose a scary movie. The only movies I like are romance and comedies."

Daniel nodded and whispered with dread, "That is what I was frightened of."