Chapter Twenty-Eight ( Pt. 2)

A pounding on my door woke me up. I gasped, eyes wide and searching. William groaned, his head under a pillow, his leg and arm hanging off of the bed.

"Go get that will you?"

I glared at his still form, saying, "You go get that. I'm naked!"

"Is that meant to make me get out of bed or stay in it?"

I kicked his leg, but all he did was stick his head further under the pillow, pulling the comforter over his head.

I groaned and grabbed the sheet, roughly pulling it away from him.

William laughed and rolled over, snuggling into my blanket. "Hurry back, so that I can enjoy your naked body again!"

Hah! You wish!!

Exiting my room and walking over to the door, I opened it up only to slam it back closed. Oh shit...oh no...not her!!

I reached over to my robe that had been thrown over a couch and hastily put it on, dropping the sheet. I patted down my hair and tried to run my fingers through it.
Grrr...

Opening the door just a crack, I stuck my head out just a bit, cringing at the horrified look on Candy Fringe's face.

"Oh, uh, hello, Miss Fridge!"

"It's Fringe, dear, and...what happened to you? It looks like you just ran a triathlon, all sweaty and hair-crazed!"

"Um..."

"Never mind that! We have to get you ready!"

"Ready? Ready for what?" Miss Fringe didn't answer me and just pushed past me, her flock of hair stylists and makeup people coming in behind her.

"Put the dresses over there and set up over there, Toomas, dear. I need this to be perfect. No mistakes."

I shifted awkwardly in my robe, itching to run to my room and hide. "Um...I'll just go to my room and-"

"No! Maria! Ginny! Grab her! Give her a bath!!"

I shrieked as I was suddenly grabbed under the arms and dragged to the bathroom.

"No! Let me go! William!"

~

William's eyes popped open as he heard a scream and his name being called. He scrambled out of bed, almost tripping on his pants and boots as he ran out of the bedroom.

William stopped by the doorway as soon as he saw the familiar faces of his clothes designer's entourage.

"What is going on here?!?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, freezing in place.

"Mr...Mr. Winters...We are here to prepare you both for your father's Christmas Ball."

"My father's what?"

"Christmas Ball, sir. Your father decided on a whim that he would host a ball tonight." Miss Fringe said, stepping forward, a hand holding her clipboard and the other on her hip.

"Is there a reason why?"

"No, sir. Not that we know of."

"William."

William looked over at Anna, an eyebrow raised. Anna gestured with her eyes and head, looking below his waist. He looked down, confused. As soon as he noticed what Anna had been silently telling him, William looked up, covered up his parts, nodded at the workers and calmly walked back inside the bedroom, red tinting his cheeks.