Chapter 47

I gulp and turn back to Daniel, "Uh...I'm packing my stuff...for when I leave my apartment and officially move into Winter Manor for the time being."

Yeah, yeah, good job, Anna. That actually sounds completely logical. There's no way he won't believe that.

He narrowed his eyes and scrutinized me, "Is that so?"

I nod my head and smile brightly. "Yep, yep."

Daniel tilted his head and said, "But I thought I told you that I hired workers to pack everything from your apartment? They were supposed to come in a week remember?"

Oh crap. That's right.

"I...yeah, I just didn't want anybody to, you know," I replied, lowering my voice a tad, "...go through my womanly things. I'd rather pack up my clothes, and have them pack up everything else."

Perfect.

Daniel stared at me for a few seconds more before relaxing. "Alright then. Just... making sure you weren't planning on running off a few days before the wedding. I mean," He stepped closer to me and leaned down, his mouth next to my ear, "We wouldn't want anything to happen to our loved ones, do we?"

I froze and my eyes grew wide. Joey. He wouldn't actually hurt my son, would he?

Yes, he would. To protect his son, Daniel would be willing to do anything to mine.

I smiled and told him, "No, of course not. Just gathering my stuff before I finally leave this place."

Something in my eyes must have made Daniel believe me because he grinned and patted my shoulder. "That's great then, Anna. Now, come with me. We're going back to the manor."

I furrowed my eyebrows and replied, "For what? I thought I was supposed to keep out of the manor until the day of the wedding?"

"Oh, you are, but the next two hours are an exception." Daniel smirked and pulled me out from under the doorway. He pulled out a key from his pocket and locked my door. I gasped and glared at him, "Since when do you have a key for my apartment?"

Daniel just laughed and pulled me along.

I grumbled and didn't put up a fight. He probably got that key a long time ago.

~

The manor was quiet. Really quiet.

Workers were supposed to be here, night and day, preparing for the wedding. But...there wasn't any here. So where were they?

Daniel seemed to giggle in delight when the car stopped in front of the manor. When he saw that I wasn't moving, he basically pushed me out of the car and said, "Now, my dear, don't have too much fun. We have a family day tomorrow, before the wedding, so don't do anything you wouldn't do on a sober mind."

I scrunched out my nose and quickly turned around to him, confused and a little bit scared. "Daniel, what-"

He laughed maniacally and slammed the car door shut before speeding off.

I was left gaping on the steps leading up to the manor. I glanced at the suddenly scary mansion and looked around, hoping to see any hints of what awaited me inside.

I gulped and walked up the stairs, scared for my dear life. The closer I got to the door the more I felt like I heard thumping music coming from inside. I scrunched up my nose and pushed open the heavy door.

I swear my hair flew. The music was so loud my whole body vibrated and my hair was flying behind my head. I widened my eyes and took a step back, ready to shut the door.

Hands landed on my shoulders and I screamed. I threw my head back, still screaming and whipped around, throwing punches. The person grabbed my hands and another one threw a bag over my head, blinding me. Another person grabbed me around hips and threw me on its shoulder. I screamed and banged my hands on the person's back.

It wasn't long before I was thrown on what seemed to be a chair, my hands were tied and bound behind my back. I bit my lip and attempted to smother my sniffling.

Was this it? Did Daniel believe I was no longer of use to him and ordered someone to kidnap me? Torture me? Kidnap me? What the hell was going on?

 The music was still thumping around me, loud enough that no one could be able to hear my screams even if I tried. A tear rolled down my cheek.

The music suddenly changed and turned into Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. Suddenly hands were all over me, running over my thighs, inches below my breasts, along the curve of my elbow.

"Are you ready, baby girl?" A deep voice said. I gasped as a breath was blown into my ear.

I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a breath, whispering, "What?"

"I said...Are you ready...to party!!!"

Suddenly the blindfold was ripped off my face and I was blinded by bright, pulsing lights. I squinted and took in my surroundings, noticing several dark figurines sitting around me. One with long, blonde hair stood out. Charlotte.

My eyes adjusted and noticed that Charlotte and a few of her cousin's that had been invited to the wedding were sitting in a semi-circle in front of me.

My eyes landed on Charlotte as she smiled brightly at me and stood up, clapping her hands to gather attention.

The music was turned down only slightly.

I bit my lip as she started to talk, "Hello everybody! As you all know...in just a few days, my lovely, older brother, William, is going to marry this darling of a woman, Miss Anna Williams." The group of women laughed, high pitched laughs that seemed almost equivalent to nails in a chalkboard. "And as is custom, I've  gathered you all here to celebrate Anna's last few days as a single woman...Thank you all for coming to Anna's Bachelorette party!!!"

Bachelorette party? This was a bachelorette party? I wasn't getting kidnapped? I wasn't getting tortured or sold?

I let out a little laugh as Charlotte finished saying her last words. Scenes of gas pipes in a bathroom flashed through my mind as I leaned forward and laughed loudly, maniacly. Tears streamed down my face as I laughed at the situation happening before me.

I wasn't getting kidnapped...I was just at my bachelorette party...about to get a strip tease if those men standing the corner wearing police costumes meant anything...

Oh...one was already stripling...

My cheeks burned feverishly hot.

~

Please tell me of any grammar or punctuation errors. Thank you. :)

- V