Chapter 48

My head shot up from where it laid on the pillow.

I squinted my eyes as they tried to adjust to the light pouring in from the windows.

Where was I? My blood ran cold. What the hell happened last night?

There was a pounding in my head and my stomach seemed to be in a disagreeing mood.

I groaned and rolled over, but my hand smacked onto something hard and breathing. The thing groaned and moved underneath the blankets, a hand sticking out to grab a pillow and move it under the comforter where it lay. Whatever it was.

I slowly sat up and covered my mouth, dread and guilt twisting my stomach up and around.

What did I do last night?

I gasped and moved my shaky hand toward the being under the blanket as memories from last night flooded in.

I kissed someone. I kissed one of the strippers last night.

Oh god no. Please no. I was getting married tomorrow.

I pulled the blanket down slowly until I saw something that made me almost throw up. Blond hair. Dirty blond hair.

I scrambled out of bed and dashed into the bathroom, bile coming up my throat.

Oh fuck. Ohfuckohfuckohshitohfuck.

I slammed into the door before I was able to push it open. The person on the bed startled and yelled from the noise. I quickly entered and closed the door shut before the person could see me. My hands encircled the base of my throat as I gasped out in pain, my heart squeezing. 

I looked at myself through the mirror, my vision blurring as I noticed the marks on my naked body; hickies, hickies almost everywhere on my body. There was no denying what happened last night.

But why?  Why would I do it? 

~

Deciding to stall as much as I could before I had to walk back into the door, I decided to take a shower, wanting to wash off any evidence of what happened last night. But I knew I had to get information, I needed to know why? That guy was my only clue.

Washing out the remaining conditioner from my hair, I turned off the water valve, shivering as the cold air swept over my body. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body, seeking warmth from the cold of the bathroom. Not bothering with my hair, I finished brushing my teeth, failing in removing the smell of alcohol from my mouth.

Wrapping a fluffy robe around me, I took a deep breath and pushed open the bathroom door. 

The man was still underneath the covers, only the back of his head and one of his legs popping up from underneath the blankets. I let out a breath and moved closer to the sleeping figure. When I reached close enough to touch him, I tapped him once where I thought his shoulder was. He groaned, but didn't wake up.

I had frozen in place when he made the noise, but tapped him once again once I relaxed. This time the man said something, though much of it was a garbled mess. Hearing himself speak, the figure cleared his throat and mumbled, "What are you doing? It's too early for awake time, Anna."

I gasped in shock and launched myself at the man once I heard his voice. It was William! It had been William all this time! 

William shouted when I landed atop him and wiggled around in an attempt to throw me off. I yanked the blanket aside, held down his head, and ripped the blonde wig off. Once it was, I pulled the groggy man up to me and kissed his face all over. Oh, how relieved and elated I felt!

William's face softened and let out a little laugh, his voice sounding a little bit like a frog. "Oho, what's this about? I wish you woke me up like this every day!"

I didn't say anything and instead pinched both off his cheeks roughly. He hissed and knocked my hands off. "What the-? Anna! What's up with you? One second you're kissing me and the next you're causing me pain? What's wrong?"

I giggled and sat back on my legs. "I thought I cheated on you! All because of that damn wig! When I woke up, I saw someone with blonde hair, naked, and all I remember from last night was kissing someone. So...I thought I cheated on you with a stripper, and I was freaking out badly."

William laughed loudly and shook his head, "Well...you did kiss a stripper. Me. I was the stripper. I dressed up in a mock cop costume, a blond wig, and gave you a lap dance. You were so seduced - and drunk, by the way - that you gave me a kiss and dragged us all the way to our room to have your wicked way with me. It was a very nice night."

I whined and punched him, "You ass! You couldn't have left me a note to find this morning? Saying what happened last night? I was in pain! I thought I cheated on you!"  More punches landed on him.

William growled teasingly and grabbed both of my hands, "Why? Now we have an exciting story to tell at our wedding. About how my wife seduced me all night and then forgot all about it  the next day. It's a quite amusing tale."

I humphed and went limp, sprawling out on the bed next to him, whispering, "You're still an ass..."

~

Author's Note:

So, this was kind of a filler chapter. I have so many ideas, but those will all be in the next book. I've already planned it all out. Now, all I need to do is write it down.

OH! I've published a new story, The Queen to His King.  Only one chapter is out right now though. It's a prologue of sorts. It would really mean a lot to me if you went and checked that out. And follow me if you want to be almost immediately notified I update! ;D

Also, please VOTE AND COMMENT both on this story and my new one. I found that getting lots of those really helps motivate me when I'm writing. 

Thanks a bunch!

Peace, V.