Chapter Twenty-Four

Oh, no... please don't let it be what I'm thinking. Please, God, give me more time to get used to this man and the world he lives in. Most importantly... give me the strength to find a way around Claire and Daniel and...everyone else who doesn't like me very much...

"What?" I asked, shocked at what William said. "Say yes to what?"

William slowly got down to the ground, kneeling on both knees.

"Mariantonette "Anna" Williams...will you..." Please no...no no no. Don't do this. "Do me the honor...of becoming my girlfriend?"

I sucked in a surprised gasp, a hand pressed to my heart and the other right under my neck. "Girl...girlfriend?"

"Yes, Anna, girlfriend." William replied, pulling a long, skinny box from inside his coat.

"What? Did you think I was proposing?" He said, smiling slightly, almost like he was holding back from smiling fully. "I think I can say for both of us that we've known each other for too little time to be engaged already."

I smiled and nodded, "I agree to that and...I agree, as well, to becoming your girlfriend."

William smiled broadly and opened the box, revealing a beautiful, sapphire necklace. He pulled it out and held it gently in his hand. "May I?"

"Oh! Of course!" I swiveled around in my seat and pulled my hair up. William's warm fingers caressed my neck before wrapping something cold around it. I looked down and sighed at the beauty of it. I had my other necklace in my hand and passed it over to William.

"I don't mean to sound cheesy or anything, but...here. Now, you have my heart."

William laughed and gingerly took the necklace. "Thank you," He said, putting the necklace inside his coat. "Now...we celebrate!!"

~

"And then he was all, "If I could rearrange the alphabet I'd put U and I together! I had just told him not to say that, but he did it anyway. It was funny seeing him chasing after the girl when she walked away from him! "

I laughed and took a sip of my wine. "Your friend, I must say William, is quite the character! And terrible at pick-up lines!"

"I know! That's what I keep telling-"

William froze before he could finish what he was saying, eyes widening in shock. I looked at him confused for a second before turning around to see what he was looking at.

It was Claire and some blonde, walking towards us.

"Oh, hello, William...Anna. What a surprise to see you here."

"Hello," I said hesitantly, noticing that William was looking at the blonde next to Claire in shock.

"Oh, pardon me, I seem to have forgotten my manners," Claire said, waving her hand to the girl next to her, "This is Brittany, an associate of mine. Actually, William already knows her, from when you two went on a vacation a few days ago."

I glanced at William, seeing him tightly clench his fists and look away from Brittany.

"Isn't that right, William?"

William glanced at me for a second, his face full of regret and shame, saying, "Yes, that's right. Hello, Brittany."

Brittany smiled and nodded, looking away from his gaze, focusing on her hands. "Yes, hello, William. It's a pleasure to see you again."

With that, she and Claire said their goodbyes before continuing to their table which wasn't very far from us. They would be able to hear every word.

"I don't even want to know," I said to William before taking a swig of my wine. William didn't continue to say anything until I looked up at him, "What? What is it?"

He shook off his stupor and smiled. "Do you want to get out of here?"

I looked towards Claire's table for a second before nodding.

"Good. Get your stuff and wait for me outside. I'm going to pay the bill."

~

I had been waiting outside for fiteem minutes before he came outside. I knew something had happened when I saw the look on his face. He was horrified and had gone pale.

"William? What's wrong? What happened?"

He took a deep breath before clearing his face of emotion. "Nothing...nothing happened."

"Don't lie to me, Will. What happened?"

"Nothing, Anna! I just...I heard something that might affect my business."

"Well...can't you fix it?"

William looked at me, the horrified look in his eyes. "I don't think I can."

~~~~~~~☆~~~~~♡♡~~~~~~☆~~~

Author's Note:

Whoop! UPDATED!! YES!

Soooo...how was it? Were there any mistakes? Please tell me, but don't be obnoxious about it! I Hate those people! Don't you?

...and the plot is starting to unravel...

Hehehehe...!

Anyways... please remember to VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Thank you!!

BYE!!!

-RavenMoon06

© RavenMoon06