Chapter Fourteen

Anna's Apartment

A Few Minutes Before William Comes to Pick Her Up

Anna twirled in front of the mirror twice and sighed. Was she trying to hard? William said to wear something casual and comfortable, beach-y. So... here she was. In a sleeveless dress that went to mid-thigh. It was... summer-y, beach-y. I hope this meets William's dress code.

She had already put on makeup, but used only a little bit and natural tones. Anna had curled her wavy hair, but didn't add any hairspray. She hated hairspray. Sure, yeah, it made your hair stay in the same position for hours, but it made it hard and rough. Anna didn't like that.

Anna was just about to add just a little bit more waterproof mascara (she never wore the non-waterproof! What if she wanted to cry?) when the doorbell rung. Anna hurriedly put on her beige sandals and raced to the door.

Little Mouse watched her from his newly bought cage and squeaked. Anna shot him a look and stepped toward the door, breathing heavily. She took deep breaths and pasted a smile on her face. As soon as she opened the door William said, "Is the mouse still in your shirt?"

Anna gave a surprised laugh and shook her head at him, "No, no mouse in my shirt this time."

William smiled and Anna had to hold in her gasp. He really was... beautiful. Even though, William was wearing something casual for a change, he made casual look really good. He was wearing a white T-shirt and blue shorts with gray slip-on Vans, and black Ray Bans on.

"Hi," Anna said, suddenly shy.

☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺♥♥♥☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺

Anna's Apartment

William's POV:

God, she's beautiful.

"Hello," I said back, winking at her. She blushed a bit and ducked her head, choosing to look at my shoes instead. "May I come in?"

The blush deepened. "Oh! Of course! Please..."

She swung her arm out and motioned inside her apartment. "Sorry, I seem to be forgetting my manners today. First, with the mouse, and then, this..."

I could feel myself pale visibly and I gave her a weak smile. "Please, don't bother. It's all right, Anna."

Anna eyed me curiously, but chose not to say anything. I sighed in relief that she hadn't chosen to ask me why I reacted the way I did towards the mouse. I turned around and froze, hearing the squeak of a mouse to my left. I hesitated for a second then continued on walking.

"Are you ready, Anna?" I asked, avoiding turning my head in the direction of where I heard the mouse. Anna smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I'm ready."

"Okay then. Let's go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna couldn't see anything. The only thing she could see was faint light coming through the blindfold that was wrapped around her head.

"Can I take this off now?"

"No." She could hear William's amused answer and smiled.

"Okay... how 'bout now?"

"It's still a no, Anna. Stop asking."

"Now?"

"No!"

".....Now?"

"Anna, sweetheart, I'm trying to be very patient with you, but you're not making this easy." *