Chapter Five

It was Saturday morning and I had just barely gotten out of bed when someone started banging really loudly on my front door. I cursed the person as I groggily made my way out of the bathroom, into the hall, and up to my door. I had barely opened the door when a swarm of women stomped in and started setting up in my living room and kitchen.

For a moment I contemplated calling for help or for the police, but then I remembered what the devil, Mr. Winters, had said to me, "...someone will be here for you Saturday morning." I also remembered what he said before that and shuddered in fright while looking at the ladies scurrying around the room trying to put everything in order. *

"Miss Williams."

I turned to the voice and saw a woman with red flaming hair holding a towel in her hands. She was beautiful with deep gray eyes and blushing cheeks.

"Uh... yes?"

"Miss Williams, we're going to need you to take a bath if you want to look at your utmost best for both of the Winters'. I know Mr. Winters would appreciate it." Immediately I knew which Mr. Winters she was talking about... Mr. Daniel Winters. After saying this, I knew she was in league with him and would be of no use to me if I tried to escape. *

I nodded at the lady and turned back to my bathroom, Miss Red Hair and a few of her other crones following behind me. My bathroom was small so...

I looked back at the cronies and winced. They wouldn't all fit in here.

"Um... can you guys wait outside while I strip?"

Miss Red Hair scoffed and said, "Oh, honey, I've seen more naked bodies than I can count. Some that I wish I could forget. Honey, if you're embarrassed by your body..."

"No! That's not what I meant! It's just... my bathroom is small and you might not all fit in here..."  

The lead crony raised her eyebrow and gave a short laugh. "We've worked in smaller circumstances. Once, I've had to work in a closet because a fan threw red wine at an actress that was wearing a white dress, and she had to have her whole dress, hairstyle, and makeup redone. It was a disaster. Poor girl."

"Ooookay... well, um, do I just..."

"Miss Williams, just strip! We'll do everything else for you!"

I could tell she was getting aggravated. I winced at her high squeaky voice and slowly started to strip. Once I was good and naked, I stepped into the now steaming, bubbly bath that smelled strongly of lavender and vanilla. I slid into the watery bubbles and sighed in pure bliss. I had just closed my eyes when my head was dunked into the water. I choked, but before I could swallow a second helping of the disgusting, soapy water, several hands pulled me up.

"Why the hell would you do that?!? I-I-I could have drowned!" *

"Miss Williams, don't be so dramatic! We just needed to get your hair wet. I mean... you do want to look good for both of the Winters', correct?"

I sighed and nodded. Miss Red Hair smiled and clapped her hands. "Yay! This is going to be so fun! You won't regret it, I promise you!"

                                                                             ~

I have to say... I don't regret what she did to me in that bathroom. I mean, after an hour of plucking, poking, shaving, and painful waxing, I don't regret it. My legs, armpits, and private are as smooth as a baby's butt. Like... seriously!

I was currently sitting on a black leather swirly chair, wrapped in a fluffy, white robe, feeling as fresh as can be. Miss Red Hair -whose name I have recently learned is Candy Fringe-- hilarious, I know!-- is standing next to me, watching as one of her crones carefully paints my lips a dusty rose. Another... is curling my hair, while another has taken three pieces of hair, turning it into a medium sized braid and wrapped it around the backside of my head. And gosh... I was in love with the hairstyle!

The only thing killing me though was that I still haven't seen my dress!

"Candy... may I see my dress now?"

"No. I told you that you can see after your hair is done! Now hold still! Your squirming is making it hard for them to work." *

I groaned and tried to stop fidgeting in my chair, but after sitting here, on this hard, rigid chair, for a solid hour and a half, was hard! I tapped my fingers to an invisible rhythm and twiddled my toes, unbeknownst to me that someone had been painting my toenails until a groan came from someone sitting on the ground.

I winced, saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were there."

"It's okay. You didn't mess me up too badly," A small, shy voice said. A blond head popped up from below my knees, then brown eyes and a timid smile. "Hi, I'm Ginny!"

I smiled and said, "I'm Mariantonette Williams, but you can call me Anna."

"Mariantonette, that's-"

"Okay. I'm sorry, Anna, Ginny, but we're on a very tight schedule," Candy interrupted, peaking up from her phone, "So, Ginny, back to work. Miss Williams... Stop. Moving."

                                                                                           ~

Finally, it was time to see my dress! I was so excited I was jumping up and down, much to the aggravation of Candy's crones.

"Come on, come on! Show me it already!"

Candy came from out of my room and hung a covered up dress on the door frame. As far as I could tell... it was long and red. I could tell by how long the cover-up was and from a clear lining on the sides. Gosh... I'm so nervous! What if I look horrible in it? That would be very, very bad!

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as Candy slowly started to unzip the cover.

 Oh, please, please don't make it too slutty or too bold. I really need to make an impression on William Winters or else I'm doomed! Please, please, please! Okay, okay. Ready? On the count of three, you'll open up your eyes. One... two......... three!

I opened my eyes, taking in the brilliant dress in front of me. * (This line wasn't even here before lol)

"Oh my gosh! It's... it's beautiful!"

The dress was indeed red and had a sweetheart neckline. It had a trumpet style waistline and a train that went at least a foot and half feet away from the dress. At least an inch of the top of the neckline was bedazzled with gray and black sequins that dipped to the back.

"Yes, yes it is. Mr. Daniel Winters chose it. He has such great taste. Mmhh!" Candy exclaimed, moving to remove the cover from the dress. My nose immediately crinkled at the thought of Mr. Winters buying this dress for me, but... oh well; the guy does have good taste! I think he has greater taste in style than me!

"Mr. Winters will be so impressed when he comes to pick you up!"

Wait...what?!? Did she just say that Mr. Winters will be picking me up tonight? 

--------------

Author's Note:

Edited: 03/23/18

Major Construction: Unknown - planning to make some major story changes.

Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks.

xoxo,

V