Hired for the Billionaire

William Winters awoke shivering in his bed, completely drenched in sweat. These nightmares have been happening more and more lately.

He'd see his mother laughing with his father on the porch swing, spying from his little nook in the tree in front of them. He'd hear his mother's joyous giggles and his father's deep chuckles. It was one of William's few memories of his mother, also one of the few of his father actually happy.

William was about to climb down the tree when a black SUV screeched to a stop in front of the house. His parents stopped laughing and his father, realizing who was in the car, shouted, "Brian, you bastard. Why are you here?"

"I'm here to take back what is rightfully mine, Daniel!" Brian stepped out of the car and walked up to the gate.

Daniel laughed and swung his arm over his wife's shoulder. "By that, I'm guessing you mean Elisa?"

"You know bloody well what I mean Daniel! You took her away from me, you imbecile!"

Before Daniel could reply though, Elisa stepped forward saying, "Brian, he didn't take me away from you. You practically gave me to him! When I found that you had been cheating on me for weeks, I was devastated! Daniel was there every day after that. So no, he didn't take me away from you... you did that by yourself."

But Brian wasn't listening to a word that she had said. The only thing he heard... was 'take me away.'

Smiling, believing that he was rescuing his beloved Elisa, Brian quickly took out a gun, aiming it at Daniel, and shot three times. Before it could hit Daniel though, Elisa ran forward and stood in front of him, taking the shots. Brian, watching as the girl he loved fall to the ground, ran back to his car and sped away.

William, crying, dropped out of the tree and ran to his father, who was cradling his mother in his arms, gently, like a baby.

"Elisa, love, please don't go. Please don't leave us. Don't leave me." Daniel cried, stroking a shaky hand across his wife's cheek.

Elisa smiled, laying a bloody hand on top of Daniel's. "D-Daniel, sweetheart, I'll need you to...to be str-strong okay? William and the... babies...will need you now, love," she paused, flicking her eyes toward William and continued, "You b-both have to remem...remember how much I... how much I l-love you both and sh-shower... that... on Char-Charles and... Charlotte, alright?"

By this time, the authorities had been notified and the ambulance was on the way, but both William and Daniel knew that Elisa wouldn't make it: her wounds were too grave. She had been shot twice in the chest and once in the lung.

"No, no, no, Elisa! Don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry Daniel. Remember... I love you." Elisa's pause was longer now, and she was gasping for breath, but desperate to get out one last thing. "William, remember, please, how much Mommy loves you. And take... take care of... of your... your little brother... and sister...please. Tell them...tell them how much... how much I love them, please. I love... I love you both - so much."

Elisa smiled at them, taking one last breath, before closing her eyes. She would never awaken.

Both William and Daniel never quite recovered from Elisa's death. 

William, now, always has these nightmares when the day if his mother's death creeps closer.

•~•

William closed his eyes and took a deep breath, running a hand through his black, shaggy hair. He opened his eyes and stepped out bed, loving how his 'friend' from last night already knew to leave before he awoke. He hates seeing clingy, needy women in his bed when he wakes up: it spoils his morning.

Passing one of his bureaus, he saw a note written in cliche, curly script. it said:

In case you need another good time. (000)3420896. -Monica

Opening one if the drawers, he dropped the note among the many other notes and love letters.

'Now,' he thought to himself, 'to start another day as future CEO of Winter Enterprises.'

---------------

Author's Note:

Edited (Grammar): 03/23/18

Major Construction: Unknown (planning to make some major changes to the story. I wrote this in the eighth grade and looking at my story causes me a bit of embarrassment so I'm going to try and make it better. Please have patience.)

Please remember to vote and comment. Thanks!

xoxo,

V