Chapter 40

After putting the papers down, Claire cleared her throat and asked, "So we're really waiting till then to expose her? Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Piper asked, "So that when we tell him, he'll be so furious he'll cast her out. And he'll be ours for the taking."

Piper giggled and clapped her hands, excited out of her mind. Brian smiled at his daughter's happiness and said, "William will be so angry he'll plan to hurt Anna and his father with the things they love most. We'll have him right where we want him."

The three of them smiled at each other. Everything was finally going into place.

~

I stared in confusion at the multiple colored cloths. I thought I was staring at pink, light pink, and dark pink, but no. Apparently I was staring at Cerise, amaranth, and brink pink. I've never heard of these colors before.

"Anna, "Charlotte whined, "Pick a color. It's not that hard. Personally, I thought we should have gone with the Thulan pink because it goes with your hair better, but these colors make you stand out more."

Confused at how suddenly I was going to wear pink for my engagement party, I shook her head, "How...how was it decided that I was going to wear pink? I don't even like pink."

Charlotte closed her eyes and breathed out through her nose. "Fine. What color do you want to wear then if not pink?"

"White." I said.

Charlotte's eyes just about popped out of her head and she placed a hand under her throat. "White?! Anna, sweetie, I love that you weren't born rich and grew up differently than us, but our level of class doesn't wear white unless it's your wedding day. Even then we skurt around that idea sometimes.

"Come on... how about a nice glaucous color? It's a-"

"No," I protested," I want white and there's no way you're changing my mind."

She looked like she was about to object, but instead said, "Fine. But if we're doing that then you have to wear two dresses."

"Deal."

~

Charles hovered near his older brother, starting at the plethora of tuxes around him.

"Why do I have to be here?" He said, picking at a suit.

"Because you, my dear brother, are one my groomsmen. We need to find you a suit for the wedding."

John, William's long lost best friend, popped his head up from behind a rack and smiled. "Do I get a special suit? Ya know...cause I'm your best man."

"No." William said. John pouted and hid behind a mannequin. "Meanie..."

William laughed and gave his brother a one-shoulder hug. "The only one getting a special suit is me...since, 'ya know,' I'm the groom."

John forced a smile and turned around. "Yeah...you are."

He walked away and laid his back against a wall. Despite his father telling me I shouldn't tell him about the contract, I can't help but want to tell him. I already know that if anyone found out that Anna was hired to make Will marry her...chaos would ran down on us...

Just as he was about to turn away, his phone rang. "Hello?"

"John, it's Daniel. I have something very important for you to do."

John switched to business mode and stared out the window. "Anything, Mr. Winters."

"I need you to burn some papers. Go to my office now and take everything from the file marked W/W. Burn it all."