Chapter Four

I sat there, shocked straight down to my core. Provide him a son, like an heir?

"What?!"

"I think you heard me, Miss Williams." Mr. Winters reprimanded, casting his cold gaze to me.

"I know... uh, I mean I did. It's just..." Suddenly a thought popped into my head. My eyes widened in thought. "Hey! So what if I get... uh, pregnant... with a girl first?"

"Then you'll try again until you provide him with a boy heir." Yeah, sure. Just give the little princey-poo his little heirs to the kingdom! Jeesh, I'm not a bunny! I can't just shoot babies out of me until the boy comes out!

"What's wrong with having a girl heir... um, baby to run the king- business?" I asked, kind of mad and annoyed.

"Miss Williams, let me tell you something... This business needs to be run by a man, a person who can learn how to keep business and emotion from mixing. A girl, I must say, doesn't know how to keep her emotions in check." Mr. Winters smirked and looked me up and down.

I shot up from the chair I was sitting on, causing it to tip and fall over, resulting in a loud thud. "We can too!"

When Mr. Winters lifted his eyebrow in amusement, I knew I had just acted out what he had said.

Nodding and taking a deep breath, I say, "Okay. So maybe you aren't being entirely unreasonable there. We do tend to get a little more emotional than the average man, but that does not mean we can't run a business because of it." *(Edited 2016)

"So, do we a have a deal then, Miss Williams?" Mr. Winters leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest, his smirk wide and proud. He knows that I won't be able to resist; his offer is too tempting and I really need that money for... for...

Slowly, I nod, thinking about who I'm doing all of this for.

"Yes, Mr. Winters, we have a deal."

Mr. Winters pulls out some papers from his briefcase and slides them over to me. "Then sign please, and make it quick: I don't have all day."

"Well then, Mr. Winters, I suggest you cancel your plans. I'm sorry to say this but... I am a terribly slow reader. And sadly for you, you have written a nice, lengthy contract for me to read then sign..." I said, knowing I was dead lying; the rows and rows of books in my room could attest to that.

I smirk up at him as his smile fades and turns into a deep scowl.

Haha. Loser.

•~•

After a slow and agonizing read, making sure everything is in order, I signed on the dotted line.

"There. Here you go, Mr. Winters, all done." I said looking at Mr. Winters, who was brutely looking through his phone. He looked up and scowled darkly at me before snatching the contract from my fingers and stuffing them into his briefcase.

"Finally! Good gracious woman, I sincerely hope you learn how to read faster for my son's sake." *

I smiled slyly at him and batted my lashes at him.

"Speaking of which, when am I going to meet this famous William Winters of yours?"

Mr. Winters smiles at me and says, "On Saturday, to be exact. I'm hosting my annual Winter Ball, in honor of Winter Enterprises and of William, who will be taking over as CEO next year. You will be my guest and shall sit by me, but at William's side of course. I will ask William to escort you to the ball."

With that, he stood up and walked to the door, throwing it open. Just before he walked out though, he turned back to me and said menacingly, "Remember, Miss Williams, I know who is most dear to you... Oh, and don't worry about the dress and makeup, someone will be here for you Saturday morning."

Then, he left.

•~• 

Author's Note:

Edited: 03/23/18

Major Construction: Unknown - planning to make some major story changes.

Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks.

xoxo,

V