Chapter Sixteen

"No."

Anna gave William a half-bored, half- enraged look. She looked at him through the mirror and frowned. He wasn't even looking at her. Well... he was looking at her, just not her eyes. She smacked his shoulder and watched as his eyes snapped back to hers. He just gave her a timid smile before glancing away, a bit of pink tinting his cheeks.

"I'm not getting this one, William."

William gave a slight pout, but didn't object.

"As much as I like seeing you in this bikini on, Anna, I don't want other men staring at you," William paused for a second, running his eyes over my body. I was about to open my mouth to say something about that, but then he continued on talking, "On second thought... Let's just not go get you any swimwear. You can swim in a sweater and shorts right?"

"What? No. William..." I said as William pulled me back to the dressing rooms. "William!"

"What?" He didn't even bother turning around, just continued pulling me.

"William, I don't want to wear a sweater and shorts to the beach. This is my first time going to the beach... Please don't ruin it by making me wear them. I want the full experience."

William stopped abruptly, giving no warning as I suddenly crashed into his back. Ouch.

He slowly turning to look at me, his face full of sadness. It tugged at my heart strings. He looked down and sighed. "You're right... I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"It's fine. Hey, William?"

William looked up, his face still remorseful. "Yeah?"

I smiled at him. "I'll let you pick my bathing suit just as long as you put a smile on that handsome face. Just make sure it doesn't show too much cleavage."

William immediately smiled. His eyes radiating joy. Then, they suddenly turned mischievous.

"So.... You think I'm handsome?"

I groaned, holding back a laugh. *

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smell of the ocean was really strong in the air and the wind lightly touched my hair. I was still standing on the paved road. The sand was just a few inches in front of me. I was too scared to move. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I could see the ocean, but it seemed so far away. Like miles. 

William was right next to me, holding my hand. He has been patient with me so far; not urging me to hurry up and take the step already. Not like Ryan would have done. He would have either pushed me into the sand or just leave me there on the sidewalk. *

That was the Ryan way.

~

Anna shivered at the memory of Ryan and looked at William again. William must have felt her gaze on him causing him to turn and look at her. He smiled and looked away, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Anna looked away, back at the sea. "No reason. I just.... I just wanted to say thank you... For this. No one's ever done something like this for me before. Thank you."

"You're welcome. It was my pleasure. I love seeing your excited face."

Anna blushed and continued staring at the ocean. She took in a deep breath and stepped forward. The sand tickled her feet and she let out a giggle. The sand was warm and soft. Not like those hot sand horror stories that's she's always heard about from Ryan.

Anna shook her head and smiled. Today was going to be a Ryan free day. She was going to make sure of it.

She took another step and... Screamed. "Oh... That's hot. It's hot now. Ohhhhh."

She hopped up and down, switching feet. William laughed and said, " I TOLD you to buy some sandals."

"And I TOLD you that I wanted to have the full experience."

William smiled cheekily and replied, "And now you have. Like it?"

Anna frowned at him, still switching feet and hopping around, "You suck."

"Now now now, don't say that about the man that took you all this way just to go to the beach, " he turned around and bent his knees, "Now get on my back."

"Wait. What?"

"Get on my back. You can't very well walk all the way down to the beach with nothing to protect your feet."

Anna looked down at his feet. "Fine, then give me YOUR sandals."

William stood up and laughed. "No, I'm sorry but no. I like my feet the way they are. Now come on, sweetheart. Hop on."

Anna looked around anxiously. She sighed. She knew that she wasn't going to win this one.

----------------------------------/----------------------------------------/------------------------------------------/--------/

Author's Note:

Hey everybody!! Sorry that this update was so late, but at least I updated (I'm still waiting on that one author to update!!!! Like jeez.... Update much??)

Anyways, now you know what kind of guy Ryan was. He wasn't really a nice guy. Didn't have any patience. But luckily... William does. Woooo!!! Go Team William!!!

Hoped you all liked this chapter. Going to try to update sooner, but no promises!!! Eighth grader remember?? ;)

Please.... VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

THANK YOU!!

BYE!!

-RavenMoon