Chapter Twenty-Seven

~Three Weeks Later~

Three weeks have passed since Will and I declared our love for each other, and we are more in love than we were before. I never thought that was possible but somehow it did.

Daniel, though...was getting impatient.

He kept saying something about how the longer it took to get Will to propose to me was giving the Rossi's more time to prepare for a grand plan.

I had no idea who the Rossi's were and didn't care, thinking they could be no more dangerous than the de Monte's. Surprisingly, the de Monte family hadn't shone their faces since Claire went off the grid, disappearing right after her and Will's altercation at the restuarant a few weeks ago.

In a few days, it will be the one month anniversary of when I first saw William at the Winter Ball. Even though I hate to say it...I wouldn't be here with Will if it weren't for Daniel and his stupid contract. I would probably still be saying lines from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, dressed in mediocre costumes with my mother cheering by the side of the stage. I had hated telling my ex-boss the day after I signed Daniel's contract that I had to quit because I had found a better job. My mother hadn't approved, but when I told her about my new job (excluding what I would actually be doing) she instantly approved, reminding me who it was that changed my diapers and wiped my butt when I was a baby.

Now, William and I were having dinner at my apartment, a place we had been spending more frequently lately. We were eating spaghetti, one of my favorite all-time dishes ever!!

"Anna."

I looked up and glanced at William, seeing him leaning back in his chair and staring at me. "Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"No. How much?" I said with a slight grin and blush on my cheeks.

"About as much as I love your cooking. This is amazing! I feel like...like I never want to stop eating! It's the same with you!  I never want to stop loving you!"

I scoffed and shoved a fork of spaghetti into my mouth, not caring how I looked like with the sauce around my mouth. He needed to get used to it.

"You're being extremely cheesy today. What's wrong?" I looked at his face uncertainly, chewing my food. "Are you still worried?"

William looked away and stabbed a piece of meatball with his fork. "I don't know."

"Did you learn anything new?"

"No. Both Britney and Claire have gone into hiding. No one's heard from them for weeks."

"Maybe they're just licking their wounds, realizing that their plan failed. I would expect nothing more from a pair of shamed bıtches."

William raised his eyebrows at me, surprised. "Anna!"

"Whaaat? I'm just expressing myself!"

William shook his head and waved his spaghetti filled fork at me. "That's rude and you know it."

"I know it. But I'm not ashamed of it. It's true." And it was. Britney and Claire were wrong to think that we were stupid enough to fall for their tricks.

I made a note for future reference not to let things get out of hand with Will because then the whole situation would start all over again, and I couldn't afford that with Daniel constantly hounding me. I had to find a way to get Will to propose quicker or this deal will go to waste.

~Two Days Ago~

The day Daniel and I talked, it was raining, almost knowing the sourness in his mood.

Daniel had come to my apartment, no phone call or text, and pushed his way past me when I opened the door.

"Daniel? What the hell? What's wrong?"

Daniel swung around to face me, his eyes blazing angrily, "You want to know what's wrong?! What's wrong is that it's been a month since I gave you that bloody contract and the only steps I've seen you make toward your goal is officially becoming 'boyfriend and girlfriend.' Do you know how important it is for you to get married to William as quick as possible? Very important!!"

"Daniel-"

"Hush! I'm not done talking! You better have a ring on your finger soon. The Rossi's are coming back from Japan in a few weeks time and they will do anything in their power to make sure that they have William married to their daughter and Winter Enterprises in their hands! I cannot let that happen...

"...Even if it means hurting the ones you love, Anna. So you better do this quick. I will not hesitate to give you some inspiration if you need it."

"How do you expect me to get William to marry me in a short matter of time, Daniel!! These things take time!"

"Well then you should have thought of that before you signed!. . .It's too late to back out now anyways. Put some of your acting skills to use. Persuade him. Hint that you're ready for the next big step. Show him what a wonderful mother you would be! Something. Just as long as it gets you where you need to be!!"

"You're insane!! Who are these Rossi people anyways, and why are you so scared of them!?"

Daniel slammed his hand down on the table, making me jump where I stood. "I am not afraid of them!! He kill-... nevermind... nevermind. It's none of your business anyways. Just...just get the job done or so help me I'll be the one to hurt him!"

I leveled Daniel with a glare. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh, I will, Anna. God so help me, I will!"

With that, Daniel Winters stormed out of my little apartment, slamming the door shut behind him.

As soon as I heard the entrance door downstairs close, I let out a deep sigh of relief.

I had to protect the ones I loved or Daniel would make them pay for my mistakes, and I couldn't let that happen. As much as I hated doing it, I had to think of a way to get William to marry me faster.

I was no better than Claire and Brittany.

~

"Daddy?"

"Yes, pumpkin pie?" Brian Rossi looked up at his nineteen-year-old daughter as she moved toward him and sat on his knee. Though about to turn twenty in a few months, Piper Rossi was the size of a small twelve-year-old.

"When are we going back to America? I miss my fiancé."

"I know you do, sweetheart. Don't worry...we'll be back sooner than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

Piper gave her father a confused stare and attempted to say the word, "Supercali...what?"

Brian gave his daughter a small pitying smile. "It means we'll be back in a few weeks, pumpkin pie. Don't worry, you'll see William soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hello people!! How are you doing? I'm doing well...very excited for Christmas!! AND FOR THE END OF SCHOOL which is in a few days!!! And you know what that means? IT MEANS A LOT OF UPDATES!!! haha!! Yay!!!

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. You are finally introduced to the Rossi family. Remember? The people in the story description and the newly added people in the Character List?

Soon...a lot of things will unraveled and truths will fly out! So beware that none of them hit you on your way out!!

Please remember to VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

THANK YOU!!!

BYE!!

- RavenMoon06

© RavenMoon06