Chapter 37

RECAP: The Winters and Anna play hide and seek. Will and Anna almost have sex on a desk, and Anna recieves new orders from Daniel.

Sorry for the long wait, but finals are over and so is school! Do you know what this means?!? It means it's summer vacation and that means MORE UPDATES!!! YAY!!! ♥♥♥☺☻

~

Anna cuddled into William's side, yawning as sleep threatened to pull her under. She pulled her left hand up to her face and admired her engagement ring, watching as the moonlight danced on the surface. Sparkles were thrown around the room.

Anna looked up at William as he slept, admiring how peaceful he looked. Slowly, she removed his arm off her body and scouted away from him. Getting off the bed, she tiptoed across the room and out the door, grabbing a robe on her way out.

Shutting the door behind her, Anna moved stealthily down the hall until she found two French doors. It seemed to lead outside into a small, private patio.

Sitting down on one of the couches, putting her feet up under her, Anna pulled out a small photo she had stashed in her pajama short's pockets.

Anna caressed the photo as tears streamed down her face.

"Hello, baby boy, "She said, sucking in a breath before she continued, "Merry Christmas. I wish I could have there for you. I wish I could have been there for the other five, as well, but, as you can see, that is not going to happen.

"I'm going to marry someone. His name is William Winters, and he would have made an amazing father for you. He's kind, and smart, and so sweet, everything I imagined that you would be. I hope the Jensen's are taking care of you, Joey...or, uh, Adam, right? That's your new name."

"Adam Joey Jensen."

Anna jumped up from the coach, turning quickly to face the new comer, shoving the picture in her pocket.

Blond hair shone in the darkness and Anna took a deep sigh of relief. It was just Daniel.

"What do you want, Daniel?"

Daniel came around and sat next to her. "May I see it?"

Anna was confused, furrowing her eyebrows. "What?"

"The picture. May I see it?"

"Oh. Ah. Sure." Bringing the picture of her son out of her pocket, she handed it to him carefully. Daniel smiled softly at the picture before handing it back to her.

"He looks like you, " He said, leaning back, "He reminds me of when William was a baby."

"When Will was a... Can you tell me more about his childhood? He doesn't really say much about it."

Daniel gave a silent groan and said, "Well, it wasn't really the best time of his life. His mother died and I was left with three children, two who were only a few months old."

"William said that you didn't really raise him?"

He shook his head and explained, "As much as William wants to believe that I just shoved him into the hands of others, that's not what happened. My wife, Elisa, was murdered. It was too dangerous for me to be raising my children while I was trying to get justice on the man who murdered her."

"Murdered?"

"Yes. William's mother, my wife, was murdered. And the man who killed her is still walking free."