Chapter Two

Mariantonette 'Anna' Williams awoke to the sound of her alarm going off, it singing Counting Stars by OneRepublic. She didn't bother disarming it; the song was her jam and it made her very energetic and giddy to start the day.

Today, she'd be going to the Phillips Theater Arts Center. About a four weeks ago, she had sent out an ad in the newspaper, offering her services to anyone who needed an actress- within the movie and TV show business of course. Anna had gotten a reply a few days ago from the Art Center, down the road. It said that they would love to meet with her to see if she'd make the cut as Juliet.

Anna had heard from her mother that the reason the Center needed a new actress to play Juliet was because their main one had recently got married and wouldn't be back from her honeymoon for at least a month.

"Poor shame," Feyre, Anna's mother, had said. "She had real talent..."

"Mom! Are you seriously saying that I don't have any talent?" Anna asked, appalled and a tiny bit angry.

Felice shot her daughter a glare and sighed dramatically, saying, "Honey, of course, you have talent. It's just..."

"I know, I know. You just wish that I'd 'settle down before I'm too busy to find myself a man.'" Anna said, rolling her eyes.

"It's true! Soon you'll be too busy to visit your family, let alone make your own! Anna, please... just think about it, for me. You know I'm not getting any younger!"

Anna had laughed and nodded, loving her mom's joyous personality just a little bit more that day.

•~•

Anna's POV:

I let out a huge grin as soon as my new boss said that I had made that cut as Juliet. Finally, finally, something is going my way!

"Oh my gosh... Mr. Jenkins, thank you, thank you for this! I promise... you will not regret hiring me!" I squealed, jumping up and down on the chair in my boss's office.

Mr. Jenkins just grunted, grabbing a paper from a pile on the corner. "Here. Bring this to me by tomorrow morning, before eight o'clock, or I'll be forced to hire the runner-up for Juliet. Goodbye Miss Williams."

His attitude didn't bother me. Right now, I was on cloud nine, thinking about how this job was the start of something big: my future as an actress.

•~•

Daniel Winters left his office at Winter Enterprises quickly, hoping that his son wouldn't notice.

He finally had a few days off and was going to use them to make sure that his plans for William would go through, no matter how many strings he would have to pull.

Daniel had heard from his sources that the little actress was actually quite good at acting and could lie on the spot if need be, making her the perfect candidate for his plan. If she really was as good as his sources had said, then she'd have no problem succeeding at the goal Daniel was going to give her tomorrow morning. If she took the job that is, but then Mr. Winters was certain that she'd take it. She'd have to or else her family and those close to her would pay dearly.

Daniel Winters made it out of the building without being seen, smiling the whole way to his car.

Finally, finally, something was going his way!

----------------

Author's Note:

Edited: 03/23/18

Major Construction: Unknown - planning to make some major story changes.

Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks.

xoxo,

V