Chapter Twenty-One

"What are you doing here, Daniel? Why are you here?"

Daniel sat on my couch and crossed his legs, leaning back and linking his fingers together, putting them on his lap.

He huffed and ran a hand through his blonde hair, one of the first signs of nervousness I've ever seen him do.

"Daniel?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes... Anna, my dear, it's seems that we've encountered a problem in our situation."

You've got to be kidding me. "Yes, I Know, Daniel. I was there, remember?"

"Yes, but I'm afraid that this has led to a much bigger problem. William...is getting out of control. We must put a stop to this little temper tantrum of his!"

"And how do you suppose we do that?"

Daniel smiled, almost looking like the Cheshire Cat himself. "Well...we must show them that he was right, of course."

I stared at Daniel, a stupid expression on my face. I bit my lip to keep from laughing, but a stutter of it escaped my lips. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor, rolling around.

"That is the most stupid idea I've ever heard of! But...ooh, Daniel, thanks for making me laugh; I needed that."

I pick myself up from the floor and wipe a hand under my eyes, wiping away the tears. I sit back down and get back into serious mode.

"Okay. Now tell me what the real plan is."

Daniel stared hard at me. "That IS the plan, Miss Williams."

I stared back at Daniel, not sure I just heard him correctly.

"You're kidding, right?" I shook my head, looking down, "Daniel, I'm sorry, but I think I just heard you say that you plan on proving William right."

Daniel smirked and nodded. "You would be correct."

"Daniel, that's insane! This plan of yours will prove nothing except the fact that William will think he was right!! What will this prove?!?"

Daniel just sat there calmly, watching me. He just rose an eyebrow and shifted on his seat.

"This? This will prove nothing. But... it will have William pounding on your door at the end of the night, drunk, asking you why you 'choose' me instead of him, begging for you to give him a chance to prove that he was better than me."

I stare at him, shocked. "How do you know that?"

"I know my son, do you think I do not?"

"No... I do. Its just... there's no way you know that he'll do exactly that."

"I do, don't worry." With that, he stood up and bowed his head to me once before leaving.

I don't think I'll ever know the day when I know Daniel completely, and, to tell you the truth, when that day comes, I don't think I'll ever be ready.

~

I'm shifting in my dress, hating the fact that it was so short and so tight. Apparently, Daniel didn't want any time wasted, so a day after he explains his plan to me, here I am, in a black, tight-fitted, lace dress. I have sky high, black Louboutin heels with red soles, a red diamond necklace and ring, and a red clutch.

Apparently, Daniel is quite the stylist when it comes to woman's clothing.

Daniel pats my hand and looks at me. "Don't worry; it'll be fine. I know my son."

"For my sake and yours, I sure hope you do."

~

"Do you prefer red or white?"