Chapter Ten

This guy has seriously gone off his rocker. No way are we sleeping in the same bed! This guy is insane!

"No," I said immediately. William at first looked shocked at my answer, then laughed. The elevator dinged, but the door didn't open. He put a key into the button number 27 and turned it, making the elevator doors slide open. *

I took that as an opportunity to look around his apartment. Actually, apartment isn't the word I'd use. Bachelor pad, is what I'd use. Total bachelor pad. Jeez, I have to make sure the sheets are washed before I sleep in them.

Everything was a dark color. Blues, reds, blacks, and grays. Football, baseball, and hockey trophies adorned the walls, along with pictures of William with his family or with his friends. A huge plasma screen TV was hung on the wall on the far left with big two foot stereos on the sides. There was a homogenous gray L shaped couch in the middle of the room surrounding the TV. On the right side of the room was a kitchen bar, separating the living from the kitchen. The kitchen was all silvers, blacks, whites, and reds.

Gosh, who designed this place?

I wrinkled up my nose. Whoever did this certainly loves color themes.

                                                 ·~·

3rd:

Anna sat down on William's couch, watching as he tried to pick out a movie for them to watch. William had decided that sleep was not needed at the moment and wanted them to watch a movie. She had already changed out of her dress and into some pajamas that William's neighbor had let her borrow.

 He's insane. Insanely cute!

Suddenly, William shot up from his kneeling position and turned his head, giving Anna a wicked grin.

"Do you like scary movies?"

"I... Uh, yeah... like... yeah..." Anna managed to say without her voice quivering. She hated scary movies! Why would people want to get scared? She thought they were all terrifyingly stupid.

William winked at her, saying, "Great! I have just the movie!"

Anna's smile faded. Oh God no...

                                                   ·~·

Anna screamed in fear and cowered into William's shoulder, sinking her nails into his leg. William laughed and pulled her closer, trying to ignore how close her hand was to him. Anna peaked her head up from the pillow covering her face and looked at the screen just as the monster popped out from shadows making the character in the movie and Anna scream out in fright. She shoved her face into his neck and screamed again as she heard the victim in the movie yell.

William just smiled to himself and lowered down the volume a bit, not that it did anything to help the frightened Anna. He knew what he was doing, and he knew it was working. William had purposely chosen a scary movie. He knew that Anna would not want to sleep alone. Oh no, definitely not. Not by the way she was acting. He didn't want to have sex with her though. No, something was different about this girl. Something about her felt right to him.

"Turn it off! Turn it off!" Anna whimpered, wrapping her arms around William's neck. Instantly William felt guilty. Anna was truly frightened. God, I feel like such a jackas$ now!

William reached for the remote and turned the TV off. Silence was all around them and it was deafening. Anna still did not remove her head and hands from his neck, and only then did he notice that she was in his lap, full body. He didn't know how she got there, but he wasn't complaining.