A Panicked Welcome

***

***

A light summer breeze came down the lane to meet Sirius and Jenna, laden with the perfume of blossomed flowers outside the Potter Manor. The early morning sun shone above them as the couple strolled through the Muggle town near their house.

    "Why do we have to take walks every day?" Jenna groaned, a hand over her big baby bump.

     "Because the book said walking is a good exercise in the last month of pregnancy," Sirius tried to reason with her. He had unusually become the sensible one between the two of them throughout the last few months.

     "Screw the book!" Jenna huffed from exhaustion. "Who's to tell the person who wrote it is trustworthy?"

    "The author of the book was a celebrated Healer. He actually —"

     "Oh, so the author was a he, was he?" Jenna rolled her eyes playfully, now grinning. "Well, he never had to walk around everyday with a baby in his stomach with the weight of a freaking watermelon! I can no longer see my own feet, for crying out loud!"

     Sirius laughed. "It was just a book to help pregnant witches, Jenny. No need to get all aggressive about it."

     "I'll show the author what aggressive looks like if I see him. I'll definitely give him a piece of my mind." Jenna nodded with determination. "It's so hard to move around! It feels so heavy that I'm actually starting to think that the baby's gonna be a centaur!"

     "Look, how about we go to your favorite restaurant? You can rest a bit there, and we'll get something to eat," Sirius suggested, running a hand through Jenna's blue hair.

     "Ooh, yes! Food!" Jenna's grin widened, her mood quickly picking up. Her appetite had doubled throughout the last few weeks, which Sirius took as a good sign.

     When Sirius and Jenna entered the Muggle restaurant they often visited, the waiter already knew what to bring them as soon as they sat down. Without having to order anything, minutes later the young waiter approached them and placed a large plate of hot chicken wings in front of them on the table.

    "Thank you." Sirius smiled at the waiter politely, but Jenna had already reached out for the first one, taking a big bite from it.

     For the past few weeks, Jenna had started craving spicy food, and her favorite had soon become chicken wings after the first try. Sirius either had to accompany her to this place everyday to order some, or on the days she felt too tired to get out of bed, he would go down to town to bring a box for her.

    "Tastes good?" Sirius asked as Jenna reached out for a second one, watching her with an amused grin as he tried not to laugh.

     "It's great!" Jenna nodded with glee.