Chapter 148

"Jenny..." Jenna felt someone shaking her in her sleep, whispering her name repeatedly. "Wake up, Jenny."

Groaning to herself, Jenna opened her eyes half-way, only to quickly shut them close, seeing as the room felt too bright for her, causing her headache to grow worse. With that, she abruptly drew the blankets on top of her head, trying to block out the sunlight which was beaming into the room through the windows.

"Jenny," Sirius tried calling her again, but she wouldn't budge. "You've slept in way too much. It's past noon already."

"No," Jenna groaned once more, refusing to open her eyes.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no."

Sirius sighed under his breath but then chuckled at her stubbornness which seemed to be more than usual this morning, before he reached out and pulled the blanket off her head briskly.

"Argh!" Jenna cried out at the suddenness, feeling like she was being blinded by the morning light.

"I already sent Molly a letter, saying that we wouldn't be returning to the Burrow for the time being," Sirius explained. "You've been asleep for so long that for I actually woke up earlier than you. That might be a first."

Jenna finally blinked a few times, managing to open her eyes a bit to look around, seeing Sirius sitting right beside her on the bed, already dressed.

Trying to recall the events of last night, she hugged the blanket around her bare chest, forcing herself to sit up on the bed with difficulty. Although it felt impossible to move because of her horrible headache and the ache in her body.

"C'mon, get up," said Sirius, standing up from the bed. "We can go have breakfast... or lunch. Either is good. I guess they would both be reasonable for this hour of the day."

"But I can't move," Jenna mumbled grumpily, leaning her back against the bed's headboard. "I'm too sore..."

"Oh?" Sirius raised a playful brow at her, his grin widening.

"Oh, shut up." She rolled her eyes, chuckling. "I'm just hangover from last night's whiskey."

"Hey, I didn't say anything," he said with a shrug, throwing his hands up in defense, though he kept his grin on his lips.

Shaking her head at him, Jenna pulled aside the blanket and finally got up from the bed, knowing that if she stayed any longer, Sirius would start his usual dirty jokes and teasings regarding their time together last night.

    Although the moment her feet touched the ground and she tried getting up, Jenna stumbled and almost lost her balance, her head spinning.

"Whoa!" she let out a little gasp, trying to gain her balance as she held onto her head, and so she kept on walking toward the bathroom door inside the room despite her sore legs.

On her way, she smirked when she felt Sirius's gaze following her across the room as she was walking on with her back to him.

"Eyes up, Black," Jenna said sharply with a grin, before entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

Sirius looked away immediately, caught off guard that she had caught him. Although he let out a light laughter and shook his head, stepping toward the window to look into the yard outside of the Potter Manor.

    Sirius lost himself in his thoughts and took a deep breath, his smile never fading away as the memories of last night flooded back through his mind. He missed having Jenna by his side, just the two of them, fooling around and enjoying their time together.

Although the next moment Sirius jumped out of his skin when Jenna's voice suddenly came from the bathroom, yelling, "Merlin's beard!"

"What!?" Sirius immediately ran toward the bathroom, and after a quick knock at the door, he hastily opened it to look inside worriedly.

He sighed in relief when he saw Jenna standing before the sink, staring at her reflection in the mirror with horror. Nothing worrying had happened to his great relief.

"What's wrong?" he asked, still looking for a sign of trouble.

Jenna turned to face him with a sharp glare, and then pointed at the few tiny bruises on her neck, collarbone, and chest. "What the hell are these?"

Sirius suddenly felt a smirk creep through his face. "Those, if I recall correctly, are called hickeys, Jenny. Don't you speak English anymore?"

"I know what they are!" Jenna rolled her eyes at his cheekiness. "But did you really have to go so rough last night?"

"Hey, it wasn't my fault!" Sirius said in defeat, though his grin only widened. "You're the one to blame."

"How, exactly?" Jenna crossed her arms.

"You know what teasing does to me!" Sirius reasoned. "And you did it on purpose! Don't deny it!"

"Oh, forget it." Jenna sighed to herself before looking back at the mirror, focusing on her skin to turn it clear again with her Metamorphic abilities. "Okay... done."

"Then why were you making a big deal out of it, when you could change it so easily?" Sirius questioned playfully. "And don't act like you didn't like it last night, Jenny. You were practically begging."

    "Wha — I didn't — you — Ugh, never mind!" She laughed, having no idea how she was supposed to respond to that.

    "Oh c'mon, Jenny," Sirius started with a teasing tone, going forward to wrap his arms around her waist and bringing her closer to him, "you know you love me."

"You're unbelievable, Black." Jenna shook her head at him again, trying to hold back her smile. He was right. She had enjoyed every second of her time with him, and there was no denying it. And she loved him beyond words could express.

"Anyway, hurry up and get dressed," said Sirius as he pulled away, now smiling proudly for some reason. "Because I'm planning on making your favorite food of all time."

"Uh oh..." Jenna muttered under her breath, glancing at him worriedly. "Don't tell me it's what I think it is."

"Oh, but it is," said Sirius, rubbing his hands together in glee. "It's pancake time."