Chapter 70

At dinner time, Jenna learnt enough about Anna, whom she was undercover as. For instance, Anna turned out to be a Ravenclaw girl who was in the same year as the Weasley twins and Angelina.

Although Jenna also figured that Anna was probably a bitter girl. Because each time Jenna started laughing at the twins' jokes or spoke delightfully and acted cheerfully, they all looked at her as if she were an alien.

Jenna had a crazy instinct that George had only asked Anna in the first place because she looked good, or even more logically, Fred had probably bet George he couldn't get Anna to go with him or had dared him to ask her out.

Jenna thought that it was Anna's loss, because she was having the time of her life at the Yule Ball, and this was before the dance had even begun.

When everyone was done with their meal and the plates cleared themselves magically, Dumbledore stood up and asked the students to do the same. Then, with a wave of his wand, all the tables zoomed back along the walls leaving the floor clear, and then he conjured a raised platform into existence along the right wall.

A set of drums, several guitars, a lute, a cello, and some bagpipes were set upon it. The Weird Sisters now trooped up onto the stage to wildly enthusiastic applause; they were all dressed in black robes that had been artfully ripped and torn.

      The band seemed to be very popular among students who came from Wizarding families. Although at Jenna's time, they were only at the beginning of their singing career and weren't this famous back then. But she could remember how Sirius used to play one or two of their early songs when they used to live together.

They picked up their instruments, and the four champions were asked to walk to the middle of the dance floor with their dates. Harry seemed to be lost as he looked around him in confusion, having no idea what he was supposed to do. Jenna then winced when she saw Harry trip over his dress robes as he stood up.

     The Weird Sisters struck up a slow, mournful tune as the champions reached the dance floor. The next moment, Parvati had seized his hands, placed one around her waist, and was holding the other tightly in hers.

"Oh, dear..." Jenna muttered under her breath. "Now that's just embarrassing."

George chuckled, but then caught Jenna off guard as he grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor along with the other couples.

"You don't dance too bad," said George with a grin after some while. "I'm actually impressed."

"Let's just say I've got more experience," Jenna winked at him mischievously, though she was sure that he hadn't understood the real meaning behind her words.

After the first song, Harry sat down with Parvati, excusing himself by saying that he didn't like the next song. Although that wasn't the case for Jenna. In fact, she was the exact opposite. She was loving every minute of the dance.

The last she had been to a similar party was James and Lily's wedding, and she thoroughly had missed the joy of dancing in the large crowd and jumping up and down to the fast beat and loud sound of the music.

"So what's up with your brother?" Jenna mused, turning to glance at where Fred and Angelina were dancing nearby.

"Ah, the suffrage of love... man's greatest weakness." George sighed dramatically, shaking his head in a mock-wistful manner.

"Oh, yeah?" Jenna grinned. "So who's the girl — or boy?" she added, making him laugh.

"Lexi Hooper," George replied. "I'm not sure if you know her —"

"Oh, I've seen her around," Jenna said casually.

Of course Jenna knew Lexi Hooper; she had been in the same dorm as Hermione since the beginning of their fourth year. She was the new exchange student who had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"So who's she come to the dance with?" Jenna asked as they were dancing, growing curious.

"Some Durmstrang guy," George shrugged before bearing a sad look and saying, "may he rest in peace."

Jenna snorted. "Now why would you say that?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just that Fred's gonna turn his head into a pumpkin," George said so casually as if it were the most normal thing one could do on an ordinary day.

"What?" she exclaimed, laughing. "I thought he was kidding about it!"

"You see? This is one of the difficulties of being extremely funny! No one will ever take you seriously!" George sighed dramatically.

"Aww, you poor thing," Jenna said sarcastically, giving him a mock-pitiful look.

"Oh, bless him, there he goes..." said George, his eyes falling upon his twin brother who had just left the dance floor. "I'm sure he'll make us all proud."

Grinning to herself, Jenna stopped dancing and then turned on her heels with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes as she started to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" George called after her.

Jenna stopped for a moment as she turned to face him with a smirk. "Someone's going to get a pumpkin as a head. You don't expect me to miss that, do you?"

And with one last wink at his direction, Jenna turned back and started to leave the dance floor, leaving George grinning goofily.

So shrugging to himself, he started to follow Anna away from the dancing crowd and to the direction where Fred had disappeared off to just a minute ago.

"This way," Jenna whispered to George as they tiptoed through the corridor, the sound of music lowering the further they went.

      But then they both suddenly jumped when they heard girls' screams from ahead. Moments later, a boy in Durmstrang robes came to sight, limping back and forth with a pumpkin as head, scaring everyone around him.

"Ivan!" a few of his Durmstrang friends yelled, rushing toward him to help.

But Jenna and George were too busy laughing their heads off, holding their stomachs as it started to hurt from laughter, their eyes watering up.

"The night — can't possibly — get — any better — than this!" Jenna said between roars of laughter, trying ro catch her breath.

"Challenge accepted!" George said gleefully and then suddenly grabbed her hand, dragging Jenna back to the dance floor as they were both still laughing.