Chapter 151

With her heart beating rapidly against her chest, Jenna Apparated to the location where she knew Tonks and Remus were going to be tonight. She already knew that they were sent on a mission together to go after Travers.

Once she felt her feet landing on the ground and she opened her eyes, Jenna's heart sank when she heard a scream. Looking around with wide eyes, she found Remus and Tonks in a deadly struggle against five Death Eaters.

Although the next moment she turned her head sharply when she heard a loud crash nearby. Turning around abruptly, she saw that Sirius had just Apparated there as well, his wand in his hand and at the ready.

Their eyes connected for a split second. Even though it was only for a single moment, that mere look spoke a hundred words. It was a look filled with uncertainty, saying that neither of them knew what fate awaited them or if they were going to survive this fight or not. But despite all their worries, Jenna and Sirius raised their wands and gushed toward where the battle was taking place.

    The look of relief was clear on Tonks and Remus's face once they spotted Sirius and Jenna, knowing that they weren't alone anymore. Sirius took on two of the Death Eaters and the others were now dueling one on one.

    Jenna was still trying to defend herself from the Death Eater before her, who was sending curses at her direction without pause. But when her eyes fell upon the two Death Eaters that were fighting Sirius, her heart sank in fear.

    So thinking fast, Jenna cast a shielding charm against the Death Eater before her to buy herself some time, before pointing her wand at the direction of the two Death Eaters who were against Sirius, and yelling, "REDUCTO!"

    On cue, the ground beneath the two Death Eaters blasted and they were thrown away to the ground. Jenna then had to duck her head when the Death Eater before her suddenly threw yet another deadly curse at her direction. Meanwhile, Sirius took the opportunity and Stupified the two Death Eaters who laid on the ground, knocking them out.

    Seeing that they didn't stand a chance anymore, the other three Death Eaters ran for it and Disapparated away the next moment, and the field fell quiet once more.

    Panting, Tonks placed her hands on her knees to rest. "We have to take those two to the Ministry. It was Dumbledore's orders."

     "Who are they, anyway?" Jenna questioned, feeling out of breath. She hoped desperately that one of them would be Travers, because he was the one who had killed Marlene and her whole family. Jenna knew that she couldn't rest until the day she avenged her.

    Without a single word, Remus went forward to where the two Death Eaters laid motionlessly on the ground. He then leaned down and took off their masks to reveal their faces.

    "I don't recognize them," said Jenna with disappointment in her tone, a light frown forming on her forehead.

    "Me neither," said Tonks, limping forward. They were all hoping to capture the worst Death Eaters, and not the new ones.

    "You okay?" Sirius asked Tonks, glancing worriedly at her left leg which was now bleeding.

    "Yeah, it's nothing. Don't worry 'bout it." Tonks shook a careless hand at him, turning her attention back on the two Death Eaters.

     "What difference does it make if we send them back to Azkaban?" Sirius huffed to himself and shook his head grimly. "There are no dementors there to guard the prison, and we all know they can get out easily if that's what Voldemort wants."

    "What other choice do we have?" said Jenna. "We can't just leave them here and let them go."

    "We can get rid of them," Sirius suggested with a shrug.

    "We can't just kill them!" Jenna protested.

    "Why not? Do you have any idea how many people they've killed and tortured!?" Sirius retorted. "If we don't do anything about them, they'll walk free again and keep on killing and torturing innocent people!"

    "We're not monsters like they are," Jenna reasoned with him. "For all we know, they could be under the Imperius curse. Or what if they're only doing Voldemort's bidding because he is keeping their families captive? We don't know these two. We've never even heard of them before, or seen them on the wanted posters. They could be innocent."

    "Maybe. But some of them deserve to die, Jenna, and I know you think this too," he said.

     "Look, Sirius... don't get me wrong," Jenna went on, "when it comes to Avery, Travers, Bellatrix, and others who are like them, I want them dead as much as you do. Probably even more. But you out of all people should know that some of these people might not be bad, and are just falsely framed, or they're being blackmailed. I just... I don't want to be the one killing them."

     Sirius sighed, running a hand through his long black hair thoughtfully. "Fine. We'll get them to the Ministry."

    "I'll do it," Tonks offered sternly, walking closer to them. "It's for the best if an Auror takes them in. Besides, don't you two have to stand nearby the Malfoy Manor tonight, to see if it's their new Headquarters or not?"

    "I say we leave that for another day," Sirius suggested, and Jenna nodded in agreement. "There's an Order meeting in an hour, anyway."

    "All right, then," said Tonks, raising her wand at the two Death Eaters, hovering them up in the air as though they were attached to invisible strings. "I better get going soon. I don't know how long they'll be out."

    "Okay." Jenna nodded. "See you in an hour."

    Tonks sent her a smile, though it didn't seem as genuine and cheerful as it always did. Something was troubling her, and it had nothing to do with the battle that had just taken place. Although, right before Tonks Disapparated away, she glanced at Remus's direction hurtfully, before vanishing into thin air along with the two Death Eaters.

    Both Sirius and Jenna felt like something was in fact wrong when they watched Remus closely, seeing that he was strangely quiet, his eyes fixed on the ground and a deep frown on his forehead.