Chapter 176

Turning around, Lexi was surprised to see Jenna standing there with a drink in her hand as she grinned coolly, looking like she had been observing her talk with Fred.

    "I'm sorry," Lexi started out-of-the-blue, "not meaning to be rude or anything, but... who are you?"

Jenna took aback at those words. "You — you don't know who I am?" She blinked a few times in confusion. "I just assumed you knew everybody, which is why I didn't bother to introduce myself."

  "Yeah, I thought I knew everybody too, but you seem to be an exception."

  "Then... why didn't you just ask me before?"

"Well, it was never the right time," Lexi said earnestly. "The first time we met, you were attacked by Greyback. Then when I saw you again at hospital wing, you were unconscious for most of it. At Dumbledore's funeral you and Sirius seemed to be having a moment so I didn't want to ruin it. And last time I saw you at that safe house, we had to leave immediately if we wanted to catch our Portkey and didn't have time for a chitchat."

"Oh, I see..." Jenna then raised her hand for Lexi to shake. "So I guess introduction is in order."

"Okay." Lexi giggled, shaking her hand. "You probably know me already, but my name is Lexi."

      "Well, it's nice to officially meet you, Lexi." She smiled. "I'm Jenna."

Jenna couldn't help but notice the look of realization flash through Lexi's eyes, before the girl cleared her throat. "Excuse me, what were you saying before?"

"I said that I wouldn't do that if I were you," Jenna repeated herself, still grinning.

   "Er... do what?"

"Making your boyfriend jealous by talking to another boy," Jenna answered coolly. "Only works temporarily. Leads to problems later on."

     She was certainly speaking from experience, seeing as the same had happened to her the last time Jenna had decided to make Sirius jealous by talking to Sturgis Podmore.

Lexi chuckled. "Well, what would you have me do?"

At those words, Jenna's grin widened once more. "You really wanna know?"

"Sure." She shrugged.

Jenna then took a few steps toward her, looking at Fred across the place, who was glancing at their direction guiltily every once in a while.

"Here's what I would do," Jenna started, the edge of her lips twitching up into a small smirk, "I would kiss him in a way that he would forget all about the other girls."

Lexi gaped at her, feeling her face flush at those words as she looked away awkwardly. "Is — is this talk really appropriate?"

"No." Jenna shrugged casually. "But it's necessary," she said playfully and winked, making her laugh lightly.

"Okay," said Lexi, throwing a quick glance at the group of giggling French girls. "Say I get my boyfriend to go all dizzy... what if the other girls don't let him go?"

Jenna chuckled darkly before moving closer to her, leaning down, and whispering, "Well... that's when you gotta drag some bitches down."

Lexi laughed at that, but the next moment they were interrupted as Sirius approached them, throwing an arm around Jenna's waist.

"What are you doing, Jenny?" Sirius asked suspiciously, narrowing his eyes down at her.

  She shrugged, giving him an innocent look. "Just passing down valuable knowledge."