Chapter 140

After they left the Ministry, instead of going back to Grimmauld Place, Jenna and Sirius went to the Burrow along with Remus. Despite going through that much stress and being hurt, Sirius still hadn't felt this happy in a long time.

He was free.

     "There you go!" Molly sang, placing a large bowl of delicious-looking soup before them on the kitchen table.

"That would be enough for me, Molly, thank you," Sirius said politely as she was pouring the soup for him. But Molly didn't stop and filled his bowl to the top.

"You have to gain your strength," Molly said firmly.

Jenna giggled. "You remind me of my mum sometimes, Molly."

"Then she must've been a wonderful woman!" said Arthur, giving his wife a little smile.

"Oh, Arthur!" Molly shook a hand at him, but her cheeks had turned pink.

Sirius, Remus, and Jenna held back their grins, getting started with dinner. Jenna felt an ease in her heart that she hadn't felt for fifteen years. Even though Voldemort was still out there, she still felt peaceful to have Sirius by her side, who was just as happy as her.

"Won't the Ministry come after you, now that they know you're alive?" Remus asked, turning to face Jenna.

"No, Dumbledore spoke with Fudge and explained everything," Jenna replied. "He also asked him not to let the Daily Prophet report this just yet. Although I'm sure the rumors won't stop here."

"How about you, Sirius? When will the Daily Prophet announce that you're no longer wanted?" Bill asked.

"Well, I guess everyone's too busy gushing over the fact that Voldemort is actually back," said Sirius thoughtfully. "I'm sure the news will be out in a week, and then I'll be officially a free man."

     "To freedom!" said Jenna, raising her glass, and the others followed gleefully.

     Sirius smiled at Jenna sideways and threw her a wink before sipping on his drink along with the others.

    Although just then all their head shot up when they heard a knock at the door.

     "I'll get that," said Bill, getting up to his feet and making his way over the door with his wand held firmly in his hand.

     "Who is it, Bill?" Molly asked loudly after a little while, although her question was answered the next moment when Professor Dumbledore stepped into the kitchen.

     "Good evening." He beamed down at them all. "I hope I'm not intruding."

     "Oh no, of course not!" Molly smiled. "We've only just started. Please, join us."

    "Why, thank you! The soup does smell delicious." Dumbledore chuckled, taking the empty seat beside Arthur. "Thank you, Molly," he said as she poured him a bowl of soup.

    "What news?" Arthur asked, all eyes now on the headmaster.

     "After taking Harry to hospital wing, I came back to the Ministry to have a word with Fudge. I told him exactly what he's supposed to do, and he said he would resign."

     "After all he's done?" Bill scoffed. "He's having it easy."

    "Indeed." Dumbledore nodded. "I also returned to the hospital wing to have a talk with Harry, and to explain everything to him at last. I saw my fault in it. I should've spoken with him about the Prophecy long ago."