Chapter 135

The castle fell through a rush of panic and horror as the news spread that Dumbledore was gone and Umbridge had taken over the castle. Even the Order didn't know where Dumbledore was at the moment, though they knew that the only way to reach him would be through a Patronus.

As the weeks passed, it was as though the whole castle was plotting against Umbridge. The Gargoyle in front of Dumbledore's office had locked and wouldn't allow Umbridge in, even though she was the new Headmistress.

Lee Jordan used the Levitation Charm to levitate two Nifflers through her office window to wreck the office, and the Weasley twins placed The Portable Swamp in the fifth floor which ended up covering the entire corridor.

Umridge was unable to get rid of it, and when she asked McGonagall and Flitwick to do something about it, they said they weren't able to do anything, even though everyone was sure they could probably get rid of it in three seconds.

Of course, Jenna didn't want to stand aside and let the others have all the fun. So to do her part in this noble act of torturing Umbridge, one day she took a dungbomb between her teeth in her cat form and made her way down toward Umbridge's office.

Crookshanks waited for the pink toad to show up before walking toward her, still holding onto the dungbomb like a ball.

"Oh, hello there!" Umbridge said in a high voice when she saw the ginger cat. She then bent down to pet the cat, which made Jenna want to throw up. But she tried to remain patient.

When Umbridge opened up her office's door, Jenna took the opportunity and dropped the dungbomb from her mouth. In a quick motion, she rolled the ball with the use of her paw and threw it inside the office while Umbridge was in there.

Crookshanks then turned around and started to run out of the corridor, only to head Umbridge's scream and a loud bang erupting the place.

Nice one, J.P, Jenna thought to herself proudly, running back to the Gryffindor common room.

***

Finally, the fifth year's O.W.Ls arrived. Seeing as Lexi Hooper couldn't do magic, the Order asked Tonks and Jenna, so one of them could impersonate Lexi and give the practical exams instead of her.

Jenna said she wouldn't have minded, although Tonks insisted on doing it herself. Tonks was thirteen years younger than Jenna, and therefore she could remember their old school lessons better for the examinations.

Although now that Dumbledore was gone, it was harder to get by with Umridge as the new Headmistress. Every day there was a new sign on the notice board and she kept adding to her rules, taking drastic measures toward whoever disobeyed her.

She had even recruited a few of Slytherins and gave them the name 'Inquisitorial Squad'. They were supposed to turn in those who broke Umbridge's rules without showing mercy.

Not even the Professors had the power to tell her off, knowing that she wouldn't hesitate to sack them. So they kept their silence for the sake of the students, afraid that if they were fired, Umbridge would replace them with someone as horrible as her.

But McGonagall reached her breaking point at the night of the Astronomy practical exam. Umbridge had summoned a few wizards from the Ministry, determined to go after Hagrid, and sent him to Azkaban if necessary.

McGonagall tried to go and help Hagrid, but she was outnumbered and took many Stunning spells to the chest, passing out. A witch her age wouldn't have made it, but McGonagall was stronger than that. They managed to get her to St Mungo's just in time, and Hagrid escaped.