Chapter 133

The Dumbledore's Army returned back to their lessons, and that was the only thing Harry looked forward to at Hogwarts. Because as Crookshanks had heard, his Occlumency lessons with Snape were going terribly. Jenna still couldn't understand why Dumbledore wasn't teaching Harry himself.

After the Christmas break was over, in the mornings, Hermione would go back to her dorm after breakfast to place her copy of that day's Daily Prophet on her bed, so Crookshanks could read through it.

But that day, when Hermione walked up into the empty dorm with only the ginger cat in it, she looked pale and anxious. She then placed the that day's Daily Prophet on the bed, pointing silently at the front page's headline.

Worriedly, Crookshanks hopped on the bed while Hermione carefully closed the dorm's door and locked it up. Jenna's yellow eyes widened in horror the moment she read the article.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS "RALLYING POINT" FOR OLD DEATH EATERS

The Ministry of Magic announced late last night that there has been a mass breakout from Azkaban.

Speaking to reporters in his private office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, confirmed that ten high-security prisoners escaped in the early hours of yesterday evening, and that he has already informed the Muggle Prime Minister of the dangerous nature of these individuals.

"We find ourselves, most unfortunately, in the same position we were two and a half years ago when the murderer Sirius Black escaped," said Fudge last night.

"Nor do we think the two breakouts are unrelated. An escape of this magnitude suggests outside help, and we must remember that Black, as the first person ever to break out of Azkaban, would be ideally placed to help others follow in his footsteps. We think it likely that these individuals, who include Black's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, have rallied around Black as their leader. We are, however, doing all we can to round up the criminals and beg the magical commu- nity to remain alert and cautious. On no account should any of these individuals be approached."

Jenna couldn't talk in her cat form, but Hermione could tell how horrified and angry she was. Jenna couldn't believe that they had blamed Sirius for it.

But that wasn't the only news that she had been shocked by in the past few days. Surprisingly, it's been said that Sturgis Podmore had tried to break into the Department of Mysteries. But Jenna was almost certain that he was under the Imperius Curse.

Even Dumbledore believed so and said this, one evening that they had a meeting in his office along with McGonagall and Snape. Although it didn't matter what they believed in, because Fudge had already sent him to Azkaban.

I'm sure Sirius wouldn't mind, Jenna thought to herself.

They all had thought that maybe Umbridge would humble a little after hearing the news of the mass breakout. But she went on with worse measures in order to put everything under her personal control. She even passed on another rule that stated teachers were banned from giving students information about anything other than their studying subjects.

***

The next upcoming Hogsmeade visit was on Valentine's day. It was Jenna's duty to watch over Harry in the form of somebody else. But there was also another reason why Jenna was looking forward to going to Hogsmeade that weekend; Harry had asked out Cho on a date and Jenna couldn't wait to see how Harry was going to do.

From past experience and from what she had seen from him, she could already predict that Harry wasn't going to be as smooth as Sirius or as confident as James, but she had no idea how awkward it was going to get.

That day, Crookshanks sneaked out of the castle and turned into a random girl in her teens. Jenna transformed herself in a deserted and empty alleyway, so she could go on without being recognized by anyone.

It was now raining lightly. Jenna had her hand in her pocket and had a grip on her wand as she looked around the village cautiously, just in case. She was one of the only ones walking around alone or without a date.

Watching all these couples walk around hand in hand, she remembered her first Valentine's date with Sirius in their sixth year. The two of them were trying to sneak into Hog's Head for some Fire Whiskey, but they were stopped by James, who insisted that they should all go to the Three Broomsticks together, just so he could have the chance to sit with Lily.

Shockingly, Sirius had agreed to this offer, but of course he had a plan in mind to make James pay for ruining their day.

Just then, as Jenna was walking up the village, she saw Harry and Cho walking side by side, and she couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Um... d'you want to get a coffee?" said Cho tentatively, as the rain began to fall more heavily.

"Yeah, all right," said Harry, looking around. "Where — ?"

"Oh, there's a really nice place just up here, haven't you ever been to Madam Puddifoot's?" she said brightly.

"You gotta be kidding me..." Jenna mumbled under her breath moodily as she watched Cho lead Harry up a side road and into a small tea shop.

Jenna had strict orders to keep a close eye on Harry, and so she followed them into Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, where she had promised her sixteen-year-old self that she would never step foot in.

It was a cramped, steamy little shop where everything seemed to have been decorated with frills or bows. It was the kind of place Alice liked back then and had come here with Frank a few times, but the mere sight of it made Jenna cringe.

"Cute, isn't it?" said Cho happily.

"Er... yeah," said Harry untruthfully.

"Look, she's decorated it for Valentine's Day!" said Cho, indicating a number of golden cherubs that were hovering over each of the small, circular tables, occasionally throwing pink confetti over the occupants.

I'm gonna throw up pink glitter any moment now, Jenna thought to herself bitterly as she stood by the door.

But she was snapped out of her thoughts when the owner of the shop came forward with a sweet smile.

"How may I help you?" she asked in a high voice.

"Um... I'm waiting for my date," said Jenna. "Can I have a table for two, while I'm waiting?"