35- Gifts

[[ I do NOT own the art or music. Please enjoy this chapter - L RANDY ]]

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"For me?" Alana beamed up to the pirates as the rest of the crew stomped around on deck above them. 

"It was trouble picking out something we thought you might like, dear," Leopoldo confessed.

"Do you like it or not?" Leven pressed, growing nervous.

"I love it! Thank you, everyone!" Alana wanted to cry as she wrapped her arms around all the pirates at once or attempted to. Leven and Ivo mainly got a fingertip to shoulder grip.

Alana released them to inspect her gift closer, her fingers ran over the fine threads and fabric. The four had decided to get her a gift she could decide how to use, an embroidery kit.

It was quite a sight to see four men without a clue in the world to examine the different stalls aimed at women with such serious expressions.

Their shopping trip was quite the adventure in itself.

"What about this?" Ivo held out floral lingerie set from a curtained stall with a cheesy grin. He only received death glares from the others, a slight blush from Leven.

"Perv...." Leven scoffed following his brother to a different stall.

-

Leopoldo's eyes sparkled at what he thought might be a great gift.

"This?" He held up a cosmetic palette that had a floral design on the case.

"Would it be rude to get her makeup as a gift?" Leven quizzed inspecting it closer.

"Our little dove does not need makeup." Ivo looked away from the object without another thought.

"Perhaps she likes makeup though." Leopoldo corrected.

"She never wears any..." Leven thought aloud.

"Because she is on a ship full of men and came aboard with nothing." Leopoldo defended his gift idea.

"No..." Kazumi simply disagreed.

"If I may..." The stall woman interrupted shyly; Leopoldo glanced down the small woman with disinterest. "What colors does she prefer? We could start there?"

Leopoldo felt an arrow pierce through his heart as he realized he did not have an answer and disregarded the palette.
He walked away sullenly without another word.

-

Leven found himself in a curtained tent ran by an eccentric older woman.
His eyes hovered over the odd objects she was selling, trying to figure out that they were exactly. Bracelet holders maybe?
He picked up one of the glass items to inspect it closer, inside the glass was a painted flower design.
When the old woman saw him inspecting her craft so carefully, she felt a blush creep onto her wrinkled skin.

"Little brother—" Leopoldo opened the curtain to the stall after seeing his younger brother's boots under the curtains.
A blood vessel could have instantly ruptured in Leopoldo's temple as his jaw slacked open and his eyes went wide at the item his younger brother held.

"Do ya think she'd like this?" Leven innocently asked, waving the object around.

"Leven! Put that down!" Leopoldo scolded, grabbing hold of Leven's collar, but did not give him enough time to set the object back down.