76- Exploding Emotions

Alana kept her gaze to the ground, guilt scrambling up her back in a familiar way as the silence only suffocated her more. She had a million things to say and nothing to say at all. An apology was not good enough for what she had just witnessed, and no excuse seemed logical enough.

"I- I am sorry, everyone," She wrung her hands together hearing rushing footsteps. "Momo, he just doesn't know when to stop—"

Alana's wind was knocked out of her, cutting her sentence short as her body was pressed into an iron embrace. The arms wrapped around her were possessive and desperate, holding her as close as possible.

"I thought we had lost you." Kazumi breathed into her hair. "I was so worried."

Alana's eyes widened, the only sight she could see was a close view of the golden threads on Kazumi's coat.

"Are you all right, dear? Did he hurt you?" Leopoldo's voice sounded to her right laced with concern.

"What sort of idiot lets themselves get kidnapped?!" Leven snapped from the right, but his annoyed tone was as well traced with worry.

Alana creased her brows at the reaction of the pirates, unexpecting such concern after such an intense fight.

I thought they would be furious with me; they looked so angry. I was sure this conversation would go much worse.

"You're... not upset with me?" Alana meekly quizzed, placing her hands gently on the sides of Kazumi.

"Of course not," Kazumi replied, moving one hand to the back of her head. "How could I ever be angry with you?"

"You didn't kidnap yourself," Leven grumbled.

"It is completely the fault of that fox, childhood friend or not." Leopoldo voiced.

Alana's shame knocked on her temples, embarrassed that Mamoru had done all of that for a quick bit of entertainment.

"I am sorry," Alana whispered. "I was not expecting him to go so far just to have fun."

"Fun?" Leven scoffed.

Kazumi eased Alana halfway out of the embrace, but never took his arms from around her, just enough to look down at her. His fingers captured her chin, gingerly pulling her gaze up to meet his.

"I am the one who is sorry, Alana."

Alana's chest thumped harder, Kazumi had rarely called her by her name, or anything for that matter. She knew whatever he was about to say he meant it, and the sorrowful look in his eyes made that fact all the more painful for her soul.

"If I had not ordered you to stay downstairs, if I had not let my mood affect my judgment, this would have never happened." Kazumi's eyes bore into her soul, Alana felt exposed under his brilliant stare. "I have been curt and ill-mannered with you lately; I hope you will forgive me. I allowed doubts to waver my resolve for you, and for that, I will never forgive myself. Had this not been just a childhood friend, had someone truly taken you out from under us... I would not be able to live with myself."

Alana knew very well that this confession took a great deal for the usually quiet and stoic man to admit aloud, particularly in front of the others. Kazumi too made himself vulnerable to her, spilling his soul to her by a little just for this simple apology. For the emotionless Demon Pirate Captain Kazumi Tachibana, emotions were for the weak, and showing them was for the pathetic, but when he looked into those wonderfully big, brown eyes all his emotions crashed into him.

For you to be in my arms like this forever, Alana... that is all I will ever want. Forgive me for ever doubting you, please. I need to hear from you that you will not hate me for this.