45- Familiar Faces

[[I do not own the music or art! Please enjoy and remember to vote please, it helps a lot! Comment: Who is your favorite PIRATE?- L RANDY]]

I suggest playing the music when they arrive at the tavern

•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Again, Alana was on edge as the gangplank lowered in Ekapan. Her heart caught like a netted animal in her chest, trying to escape. Her nerves bundled in the pit of her stomach like writhing snakes.

Three risky places in a row, four if you count Ekapan twice.

Alana thought to herself as she and the others stood waiting for the plank to be lowered. It was in the early evening, around five o'clock, and her brother's magnificent kingdom washed in the golden sun, warm oranges, and welcoming yellows.

That morning Alana had wished Ivo a happy birthday and even helped with the morning routine with him. By help, she just stood idly by while he barked orders at the lower crew members. While she stood by him, she realized she never spoke with any of the lower crew members and did not even know one of their names.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized they avoided her like the plague and would not even look her way.

I wonder if I come off as mean. Alana thought to herself all morning as she finished Ivo's gift.

"Come," Kazumi pulled Alana out of her worry, motioning towards the ramp.

I do not think I can handle another King encounter, here is to hope my brother is staying in the palace today.

She did not truly believe that she would see her brother at the pirate tavern, but the way there and back was risky, nonetheless.

Leopoldo and Leven sauntered behind, and Kazumi and Ivo led. Alana stays tucked in the middle the whole time they walked.

So, they are surrounding me again?

Alana attempted to test her theory by slowing her pace and noted that Leven and Leopoldo would slow as well, not walking ahead of her. She tried to walk ahead, but Kazumi and Ivo would match her pace with ease not letting her pass them.

I wonder why they stopped in Bizia and are beginning again now.

Eventually, after Alana played her little game the whole way, they made it to the alley of the tavern.

Kazumi knocked two times, paused, then knocked three more times. There was a short pause again before the same short man answered the door, revealing the bustling and lively tavern behind him.

"Kazumi Tachibana and friends," The man welcomed. "Well, come on." He stepped to the side letting the group pass.

[[MUSIC]]

Leopoldo placed a hand on the small of Alana's back as they walked in, causing a light blush to form on her cheeks.

"What can I get you?" The small man said over the noise, as he walked behind the bar.

"Four of the usual ales, and a water," Kazumi responded handing over a few bronze coins.

Some of the patrons said their hellos to the demon pirates, some sneered their way, some gave Alana a lingering gaze that she never noticed.

Leopoldo led them to a table near the back, against the wall. He gestured for Alana to sit near the wall, Leopoldo sat beside her and Leven sat across from her on the opposite side. Kazumi sat beside Leven and Ivo sat at the head of the table as the birthday boy.