43- Love Bites

[[I do not own music! Please enjoy the story! - L RANDY]

•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Kazuyuki had carried Alana through the halls of his 'palace' and straight to his room. All while she was kicking and screaming obscenities, his large palm dampened that. He was also mindful to be careful of his wound from the day before.

When they made it to the King's bedroom, Kazuyuki gingerly dropped her with a slight nudge, making her stumble further into the room, giving him enough time to shut and lock the door. Though not enough time for him to defend against the barrage of punches that he received to his back.

The assault was nothing to Kazuyuki; it was as if a pillow was knocking softly against his body. So, he did nothing to defend himself, he simply acted as a barrier to the exit.

"What do you take me for?! A doll you get to carry around whenever you please?!" Alana snapped as her fist pounded into the king's chest.

"I am a person, not a toy! My will is my own!"

Her fists were hitting Kazuyuki continuously, she almost forgot he was a person himself and merely a punching bag for her frustration.

"Stop before you break your wrist," Kazuyuki suggested. "Or worse, a sweat."

Alana halted her punches at his verbal jab, only in shock. If she was not angry before, she was livid now.

"What do you mean by that, you brute?" Alana narrowed her eyes, staring directly into his.

"Because of my family, you think I don't know labor?"

"Well, it must be quite strenuous to put on all that jewelry," Kazuyuki smirked. "You know, the jewels your slaves put on for you?"

Alana's jaw clenched a rage that only the Kori King could invoke simmering in her veins. Usually, their arguments were small and petty, but this time Kazuyuki was attacking her with words. She could not understand, why all of a sudden Kazuyuki decided to pull her aside just to insult her. However, her confusion was overshadowed by anger.

"Shut your mouth," Alana warned, her voice low and brittle.

"Why? You don't like having slaves to do everything for you?"

"Stop."

"I mean, you are the princess, you could have become Queen and change all that. That is until you run, leaving your people—"

"Stop!"

"To suffer more of your horrendous family and the horrible life they live in your kingdom. Maybe it was best that you left, who would want a pitiful princess to rule anyway?"

Kazuyuki's words stabbed Alana deep within her heart, her soul. Alana's self-loathing being said aloud by another person was crushing to her.

She could not take it anymore; she raised her right to strike the king once more. Though, as soon as she swung Kazuyuki seized her wrist mid-swing, holding it with a vice-like grip.

She immediately began attempting to wrench her arm free but to no avail.

"Let me go!" Alana's voice cracked and tears stung her eyes.

She began to scratch at his hand with her nails, but it did not last as she used his free hand to hold back her left hand.

Why?! Why is he saying all of this!? What did I do?