38- In the Arms of a Bear

[[ I do NOT own any art or music in this chapter. Please enjoy! - L RANDY]]

 Please enjoy! - L RANDY]]

[[ Art by Taha Alkan]]

I need to separate from them soon and find that stupid prince before they do. Alana thought as she walked carefully down the gangplank that was already collecting ice.

Kazumi and Ivo walked ahead of her, and the brothers behind her.

"We welcome you to Kori!" The woman called out to the descending guests. "I am princess Koyuki Yukimura, you can call me Ko."

Though she was dressed in animal fur and Kori had a reputation of being savage wild people, Koyuki was elegant in a free sort of way.

Alana has never met the princess and was not so concerned with Koyuki pinning her as the princess of Taycia.

Ivo helped Alana find her footing on the icy dock as her boots slid on the ice. She felt like a newborn animal, trying to get their footing for the first time.
The tighter she held onto Ivo, the more his heart tightened in his chest; he had no qualms with taking his time to help her.

"We are here to have attendance with King Fuyuka," Kazumi stated standing tall and confident.

The snow village princess's proud smile wavered a bit.

"Sadly, my father passed away during your journey here."
Alana's heart dropped.

That means...

"My eldest brother is King now, and still willing to have an audience with you all. So please, follow me on the grand tour of Kori to your home for the next few days." Koyuki brushed off her sorrow and motioned for them to fall.

Kazumi turned towards the lower crew on deck and gestured for them to raise the gangplank.

"Do you think this young king will favor our goals?" Leopoldo muttered to Kazumi to which he received no reply.

Alana's eye flickered all around her searching everywhere for her potential fiancé.

I will explain myself to him and force him not to utter a word about me being a princess... but how will I force him?

Alana was ankle deep in thick snow, trudging behind the tall pirates, even as a tall woman herself she was falling behind.

Ivo still carried her bag for her, along with his own, which she was grateful for as moving through the snow with that unbalanced weight would've been much more difficult.

"This is the bathhouse, the water is always kept clean and more importantly hot." Koyuki droned on as she led them through her town.

"Come on," Leven called out to Alana waiting for her to catch up.